• iPhone 15 : The iPhone 15 makes up for a disappointing iPhone 14. Here's all the details.
    • iPhone 15 Pro: Going beyond the Dynamic Island, Apple's pro smartphone goes big on gaming.
    • iPhone 15 Pro Max: That periscope camera makes its debut on Apple's most-premium handset.
    • Apple Watch Series 9: With a new chip teased, it proves just an iterative year for Apple's long-standing wearable.
    • Apple Watch Ultra 2: Another modest update for Apple's top-tier rugged wearable sequel.
    • iOS 17: Our favorite new iPhone software improvements, all in one place.
    • watchOS 10: A significant upgrade for Apple's Watch software makes even older Apple Watches feel new again.

iPhone 12 Pro Max Wireless Charging

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I also have the issue with with my Pro Max using a Samsung wireless charger - If I stand the device up, it'll start charging and then eventually stop with the red flashing light. Now, if I lay the device horizontal, it'll charge no problem and give me the green light when full. They are definitely finicky.

This is my experience as well. The magnets around the coil seem to make (charger) coil placement much more precise. Which with the magsafe charger is no issue as it self aligns. This is good business for 3rd parties now because the big players (ex Anker) will probably have their own magnetic ones that work just as well.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
What are you using to charge your 12 Pro Max?

None of my Qi chargers work right. They have worked for years one every iphone and Android phone.
Must be the coil location. I did get it to charge on my Samsung 15W charger but upside down. This AM however the charge light blinks red.

So I wound up plugging it into one of my mbp USB-C ports to charge and it charged pretty fast.

I'm going to be pissed if I have to buy a magsafe charger for $40, and it charges slower but that may be better for the battery longterm. It would be charging overnight.

I have a few other chargers I need to try this with.

But every iphone, since my 8+ has never had an issue with wireless charging outside of using a pop socket case.

And now this!

I am having the exact same problem. I thought it was the case. I bought a new case and it’s worst than the first one.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
What are you using to charge your 12 Pro Max?

None of my Qi chargers work right. They have worked for years one every iphone and Android phone.
Must be the coil location. I did get it to charge on my Samsung 15W charger but upside down. This AM however the charge light blinks red.

So I wound up plugging it into one of my mbp USB-C ports to charge and it charged pretty fast.

I'm going to be pissed if I have to buy a magsafe charger for $40, and it charges slower but that may be better for the battery longterm. It would be charging overnight.

I have a few other chargers I need to try this with.

But every iphone, since my 8+ has never had an issue with wireless charging outside of using a pop socket case.

And now this!

Mine all work fine with my iPhone pro 12

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
My 12 Pro Max stopped charging altogether, even with the MagSafe charger!
I shut (the phone) off and tried again and it's charging wirelessly.
Not impressed with this. I may ask for a replacement after things calm down.
I'm a bit leery as my display is perfect.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
My original Samsung fast wireless charger I got in 2017 works fine. It's the puck style. It is picky on placement but when it dings it will charge.
The desk (slant style) chargers don't work. Probably a design "feature" due to the arrangement of magnets around the coil for the magsafe accessories. It's a limitation I can live with. Especially after using RAW! But that is best left for a discussion on its own. ;)

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
My original Samsung fast wireless charger I got in 2017 works fine. It's the puck style. It is picky on placement but when it dings it will charge.
The desk (slant style) chargers don't work. Probably a design "feature" due to the arrangement of magnets around the coil for the magsafe accessories. It's a limitation I can live with. Especially after using RAW! But that is best left for a discussion on its own. ;)

I have a Samsung convertible, a slant fast wireless charger amd their dual one that can slant on onenside and no issues with any of them. But then again I do have the 12 Pro Max so that could be why I have no issues since the wireless charger on the iPhone is higher.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppleTragic