Tips For Securing iPhone iOS 13 - I think My Phone is Hacked?

anon(10686574)

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
Hello guys!,

I have recently jumped on this forum and relatively getting to know places.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 13.4 (latest I guess as I did the upgrade a few weeks ago). I was browsing the web in Safari and I stupidly pressed on one of those Ads that say I have won a brand new Samsung S20 Ultra. Now before anyone has a go at me I was aware of these ads but this was VERY genuine it had the Samsung website and all so I went around the site but later on figured it wasn't real and I got tricked!

Now I was having trouble to exit the browser It was just frozen, my phone is normally fast I only have around 20 apps and it flies throw them all day but safari had a hang and the phone froze so I did a hard reset. On turning on again I just went into private mode and closed that tab.

Since then I feel like my phone is a tad bit slower and hotter? I'm not sure if its just me I was also reading reviews for iOS 13.4 but nothing to what I have, so doing research online I found that this is typical because the phone is doing something in the background all the time but I have all my open apps closed whenever I am finished with them but now I am thinking it might be some sort of Virus or Malware that has sneaked and I am super terrified. I have contacted Apple and they had suggested a hard reset and told me its unlikely there is a virus - I don't want that.

I have read various guides online for iOS security including (link redacted by Moderator) and since then I have enabled the message security feature, and have also updated to the iOS 13.4.1 I always have used fingerprint for lockscreen security so that was fine.

Does anyone here have any other suggestions or tips that I can do to get rid of this I have checked the app store for some antivirus apps but nothing helps they are all just full of ads and dont really do anything is there a genuine way to scan the phone like you can do in Android?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I would suggest you clear all History and Data under Safari in Settings. Just to be sure, go to Advanced and make sure there is no lingering data saved there.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it were me, I’d do the following:

1. Login to my important accounts via a computer and then change my passcodes.

2. I would then sign out of every app on my iPhone and then put it in DFU mode.

3. I would then have Finder or iTunes install a fresh full copy of the latest iOS version onto my iPhone.

4. Afterwards, I would set it up as a new device to prevent from possibly restoring the problem from a backup.

....but that’s Just Me, D...;)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys!,

I have recently jumped on this forum and relatively getting to know places.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 13.4 (latest I guess as I did the upgrade a few weeks ago). I was browsing the web in Safari and I stupidly pressed on one of those Ads that say I have won a brand new Samsung S20 Ultra. Now before anyone has a go at me I was aware of these ads but this was VERY genuine it had the Samsung website and all so I went around the site but later on figured it wasn't real and I got tricked!

Now I was having trouble to exit the browser It was just frozen, my phone is normally fast I only have around 20 apps and it flies throw them all day but safari had a hang and the phone froze so I did a hard reset. On turning on again I just went into private mode and closed that tab.

Since then I feel like my phone is a tad bit slower and hotter? I'm not sure if its just me I was also reading reviews for iOS 13.4 but nothing to what I have, so doing research online I found that this is typical because the phone is doing something in the background all the time but I have all my open apps closed whenever I am finished with them but now I am thinking it might be some sort of Virus or Malware that has sneaked and I am super terrified. I have contacted Apple and they had suggested a hard reset and told me its unlikely there is a virus - I don't want that.

I have read various guides online for iOS security including (link redacted by Moderator) and since then I have enabled the message security feature, and have also updated to the iOS 13.4.1 I always have used fingerprint for lockscreen security so that was fine.

Does anyone here have any other suggestions or tips that I can do to get rid of this I have checked the app store for some antivirus apps but nothing helps they are all just full of ads and dont really do anything is there a genuine way to scan the phone like you can do in Android?

Welcome to iMore

We would like to know if your situation was resolved with the advice you received

Enjoy and Post Often

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2