• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Looking for upgrade advice

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Currently with Big Red on a four year old grandfathered plan: 450 minutes + unlimited text & 4 GB data (not shared). Paying around $98 USD/mo including taxes and surcharges

My contract is up on the 10th and I'm new phone eligible today. Going from Android Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to iPhone 6S+ for sure.

Pretty sure I want to go to unlimited talk/text + 3 GB shared which should end up being slightly cheaper than my current plan. Have not decided if I want to go $500 up front for a 128 GB phone or finance. I see myself keeping the phone 2 years (like I said been on Big Red contract for the last four years). No up front on 2 year financing is appealing but since everyone is 2-3 week wait time on 6s, I can save the up front cash easy enough.

I see from time to time talk of asking for special plans on stuff not offered on the website. Is there something I should go for like that or is the 3 GB shared my best bet? (I average 1.5 GB/mo)

Would love any advice or thoughts on Verizon's financing. Thanks!!!

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I like the Verizon payment plan. I have 24 months to pay off my iPhone 6s. No finance charge of course. If you put a few hundred down you can lower the monthly payment $10-15 bucks. Plus Verizon 4G LTE phones are sold UNLOCKED so when you pay it off you can go to any other carrier. Good luck with your decision.