• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Android vs iPhone 16

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Android has nothing to do with the staleness and lack of ingenuity at Apple. Constantly bashing Android in a attempt to cover for Apple is classic deflection. Androids success or failure has no bearing on the quality of Apple's products. Apple hardware is good to go. iOS is a like bread from the discount store.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I hope Apple never displays the “innovations”some are asking for.

Said “innovations” seem to be bad news for companies that have attempted it.

3c27f40026abd2b50ec42800e94ffd8e.png

As for ios18, I think putting apps anywhere on the display is a pretty dumb thing to want, but Android users love it.

I can’t wait to see the tidal wave of premium and midrange Android users switching to iPhone and ios this fall for that feature.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Android has nothing to do with the staleness and lack of ingenuity at Apple. Constantly bashing Android in a attempt to cover for Apple is classic deflection. Androids success or failure has no bearing on the quality of Apple's products. Apple hardware is good to go. iOS is a like bread from the discount store.

No, but Android oems keep copying apple both in hardware design and software. What you call stale seems to be what the majority wants.

Actually premium Android success or failure has a lot to do with Apple. It’s a super simple concept. The better Apple does in the premium segment the worse it is for Android and all its oem. Said oems can’t survive without profit that Apple seems to have a monopoly on.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
No, but Android oems keep copying apple both in hardware design and software. What you call stale seems to be what the majority wants.

Actually premium Android success or failure has a lot to do with Apple. It’s a super simple concept. The better Apple does in the premium segment the worse it is for Android and all its oem. Said oems can’t survive without profit that Apple seems to have a monopoly on.
The majority doesn't have much of a choice. Actually they have no choice based on your assessment of Android. If Android is so bad and the only other choice is Apple, we'll that's not much of a choice. It's you get what you get and you like it because we tell you to. Apple fans don't even realize how they're getting played. 🤣🤣

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The majority doesn't have much of a choice. Actually they have no choice based on your assessment of Android. If Android is so bad and the only other choice is Apple, we'll that's not much of a choice. It's you get what you get and you like it because we tell you to. Apple fans don't even realize how they're getting played.

Premium Android users are indeed screwed as Android oems clone the iPhone, they no longer get any other choice or individuality. There only choice moving forward is iPhone or an iPhone clone.

5489bea4bf2d0336234d4d0f4258180b.png

b7964d283d5ad5a8b3279e23a452300b.png

7937e7a2ea43aaac6713784f1693f0e4.png

Oh and it’s not just the iPhone it they are copying Apple Watch as well
6316c47d045171dfe046ac8aad16fa8c.png

5bab6a6106ef07abdef14493e0729450.png

fc8575cda41e1ed1b39ecf96a6c057cb.png

Oh and the google is changing the design of the pixel from iPhone XS to iPhone 12-14. Rip premium Android.

cdd1798003eaba00cab02d2ec647a239.png

341afdf17e81ddad506b4aa3ff4791ac.png

7f3029a5b949d70291807d584af87d53.png

30e95762344ab32df67eca3524bedbad.png

b00bfd560c6fed28b5a4b8e2cadbebad.png

4c23ff4dbfafb223554facc33f97ea07.png

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'll always be an iPhone person, but I do believe that competition is a good thing.

Indeed if they could compete, unfortunately the market reality is that the alternatives are cloning both iPhones hardware design and software design.

This leads to a drop in marketshare and profits, as profits recede so do the chances of said alternatives staying in the market.

It’s a downward spiral for premium Android handsets.

Reactions: Annie_M

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Indeed if they could compete, unfortunately the market reality is that the alternatives are cloning both iPhones hardware design and software design.

This leads to a drop in marketshare and profits, as profits recede so do the chances of said alternatives staying in the market.

It’s a downward spiral for premium Android handsets.
It does seem that way.

Reactions: FFR

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
First China, then Korea, then Vietnam, and now India. Samsung is being dominated by Apple and the iPhone in Asia.

India Q2 2024:

$800+ super-premium segment
iPhone 83%
Samsung 15%
other 1%

$600-800 premium segment
Apple 61%
Samsung 21%
Everyone else 18%

Volumes for Samsung phones have fallen 20% and this is before the iPhone 16 series launches absolutely embarrassing for Samsung.

c3ab04af77aa67de552820cdc45b279a.png

96f16ae3922b59e84ed6825ffd60b008.png

TNT

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
The majority doesn't have much of a choice. Actually they have no choice based on your assessment of Android. If Android is so bad and the only other choice is Apple, we'll that's not much of a choice. It's you get what you get and you like it because we tell you to. Apple fans don't even realize how they're getting played. 🤣🤣
They're in a cult. You actually still have people doing this whole Android vs IOS thing over a decade later. Even the console wars fanboys eventually grew up.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
They're in a cult. You actually still have people doing this whole Android vs IOS thing over a decade later. Even the console wars fanboys eventually grew up.

Have you read the title of the thread 🤣
giphy.gif

mikestrock

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Last Friday, I upgraded my iPhone 15 Plus for a Pixel 9XL Pro. Used it for one day. Couldn't get used to the differences. Biggest ones for me (ymmv)

- Carplay works better for texting. There is a bug that when you read new messages on Android, it reads ALL messages, not just the new ones. This is not a new bug, it was a bug 4 years ago when I tried Android last. You might say it's not a bug. For me, it's a deal breaking bug.
- The new AI/assistant will give you a note with a transcript of your phone calls. I couldn't figure out how to turn that off. That was kinda creepy to me.
- My kids have iPhones, and therefore contact me via FaceTime. Yes, it would probably work with Android. But it is more seamless with an iPhone.
- Fantastical, I don't know if there is an equivalent on Android. But this is a very useful (to me) piece of software only available on iOS.

Anyway, I lasted a day before I returned the Android phone. Don't need the new features of the 16 at this time. Quite happy with my 15 Plus.

Don't know if that helps or not.

Mike.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Last Friday, I upgraded my iPhone 15 Plus for a Pixel 9XL Pro. Used it for one day. Couldn't get used to the differences. Biggest ones for me (ymmv)

- Carplay works better for texting. There is a bug that when you read new messages on Android, it reads ALL messages, not just the new ones. This is not a new bug, it was a bug 4 years ago when I tried Android last. You might say it's not a bug. For me, it's a deal breaking bug.
- The new AI/assistant will give you a note with a transcript of your phone calls. I couldn't figure out how to turn that off. That was kinda creepy to me.
- My kids have iPhones, and therefore contact me via FaceTime. Yes, it would probably work with Android. But it is more seamless with an iPhone.
- Fantastical, I don't know if there is an equivalent on Android. But this is a very useful (to me) piece of software only available on iOS.

Anyway, I lasted a day before I returned the Android phone. Don't need the new features of the 16 at this time. Quite happy with my 15 Plus.

Don't know if that helps or not.

Mike.

Thanks Mike, very helpful indeed.

Honestly That’s 1 day more than most, personally I wouldn’t have lasted more than a minute.

m3ach

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
Thanks Mike, very helpful indeed.

Honestly That’s 1 day more than most, personally I wouldn’t have lasted more than a minute.

Same here.

Android I fear is not for me, I came from a BlackBerry background and iOS was the closest I could find the same experience.

Just never found Android intuitive in the same way I did BlackBerry and do now with iOS.

I know Android is more flexible and for those who like to tinker I’m sure it’s great but I like a smartphone that just works without me needing to jump through hoops and tailor it to my needs!

Reactions: FFR and Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here.

Android I fear is not for me, I came from a BlackBerry background and iOS was the closest I could find the same experience.

Just never found Android intuitive in the same way I did BlackBerry and do now with iOS.

I know Android is more flexible and for those who like to tinker I’m sure it’s great but I like a smartphone that just works without me needing to jump through hoops and tailor it to my needs!

Your thoughts are echoed by many of us here for sure.

Reactions: m3ach and FFR

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here.

To be fair you actually are in the majority and not the minority, especially when discussing smartphones priced at $400 and up, or the premium smartphone market.

The market for android smartphones at the price range has declined significantly in the last couple of years. Flagship Android marketshare ($800 and up) has completely collapsed.

I believe many smartphone users globally echo your point of view.

Reactions: m3ach

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Look like the iPhone 16 pro max has the best display in 2024. No wonder Samsung users are switching to the new iPhone, the android display looks pretty dull and old in comparison

89737bfe9603978545fa4d3a95184db0.png

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
To be fair you actually are in the majority and not the minority, especially when discussing smartphones priced at $400 and up, or the premium smartphone market.

The market for android smartphones at the price range has declined significantly in the last couple of years. Flagship Android marketshare ($800 and up) has completely collapsed.

I believe many smartphone users globally echo your point of view.
Nah. It’s not black and white.
Maybe in the US, but Android has a big following worldwide

Look like the iPhone 16 pro max has the best display in 2024. No wonder Samsung users are switching to the new iPhone, the android display looks pretty dull and old in comparison

89737bfe9603978545fa4d3a95184db0.png
This sounds more like trolling than anything else.
No wonder people stayed away from our forums

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Nah. It’s not black and white.
Maybe in the US, but Android has a big following worldwide

Actually it is very black and white.

Even globally >$400 iPhones have the majority marketshare even in Asia.

At >$800 Apple has 80%-90% of that marketshare not just in the US but worldwide, depending on the quarter.

This sounds more like trolling than anything else.
No wonder people stayed away from our forums

But it’s factually true which is quite ironic you would try and call it trolling, most Android users hate that as well .

Edit:
Damn Tartarus over 17,400 posts and only 26 likes, your posts were never that popular here were they? Carry on. 🤣

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poplolzz