• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

AT&T reveals its iPhone 16 deals — get up to $1,000 off with an eligible trade-in

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but still through AT&T or another carrier. Carriers are bad.

I don’t plan to trade in my iPhone 14 Pro because I try to always have a backup device. Carriers will try to lock you in for years to make it so you can’t go elsewhere until you pay off the device.

Reactions: TNT

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don’t plan to trade in my iPhone 14 Pro because I try to always have a backup device. Carriers will try to lock you in for years to make it so you can’t go elsewhere until you pay off the device.

True, and those 3 year plans are horrible. You're lucky if your iPhone battery lasts 3 years. I got trapped with a Verizon 3 year promo deal in December 2022. Now my 14 Pro Max battery is at 85% battery health, with more than a year to go. If I pay off my 14 Pro Max, I lose the rest of the promo amount, and I pay $488.80 to pay it off. The original promo was $800 off. I won't do any more promos. And no more 3 year payment plans. I liked the 2 year plans much better. I'll pay off the 14 Pro Max in December, and trade-in and pay the rest full for the 16 Pro Max.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohammadreza