iTunes Match and iOS 6

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a question. If I download songs from iTunes Match onto my device, but then I want them removed and sent back to iTunes Match only, how do I do that? I'm trying to do the "Swipe-Delete" function, but it's not working. Any ideas?

(I'm on the iOS 6 GM)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Idk, but I still think it sucks. I have songs with explicit lyrics and with music match enabled, it streams a clean version. Screw that crap.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What you have to do with iOS 6 is turn off iTunes Match then you can swipe to delete.

Do you then go back into settings and turn match back on? will it then delete the song from the library or only the device?

It worked much better in ios5 because you could just swipe to delete and it would still be in the cloud.
More importantly, now, if you have selected show all songs there iis no way to tell if it is in the cloud or downloaded since there is no longer a cloud icon next to songs.

Is there anyway to change this so you can differentiate which songs are downloaded and which ones are merely in the cloud.

Why did they mess with it? It is less functional than before.

Ryans80

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you then go back into settings and turn match back on? will it then delete the song from the library or only the device?

It worked much better in ios5 because you could just swipe to delete and it would still be in the cloud.
More importantly, now, if you have selected show all songs there iis no way to tell if it is in the cloud or downloaded since there is no longer a cloud icon next to songs.

Is there anyway to change this so you can differentiate which songs are downloaded and which ones are merely in the cloud.

Why did they mess with it? It is less functional than before.

Yes. It will only delete from device. Your right you can't tell. No there is no way to change it other than turning off show all music. Idk why they messed with it. It sucks now.

zeagus

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I suspect they messed with it to avoid confusion for the average user. Most people won't know or care where the song 'physically' is and only us power users will want to carry out a local delete.

zoomy942

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I use iTunes Match. When I want to delete from my device I go to settings. General. Usage. Find music and tap it. You can clear the device library there but your cloud songs will be safe. I use iTunes Match all week then sometime on the weekend just clear the device library for a fresh start.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I hate the way Match works now. I hope they change it.

Anyways, a sure fire way to delete ALL local music (either DL or temp cache) is to go into settings, general, usage, show all apps (if nec) , music and delete all from there....

isaac65

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
You can delete all your music at once through settings.
Settings>General>Usage
Then select Music>Edit and then delete the music data.
The music will be deleted from your phone, but it will still be available in the cloud through iTunes Match.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I use to download SOME song from my cloud library, then just use those songs on my device (turn match off). Now I have no way of know what songs are on the device, you can't download individual songs.

Let's hope they go back to the old design.

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I use to download SOME song from my cloud library, then just use those songs on my device (turn match off). Now I have no way of know what songs are on the device, you can't download individual songs.
It is possible to see which songs have been downloaded to your device: Settings>Music>scroll down to "Show All Music and turn "Off".

psiclne

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Discovered this change last night. Now I have to download a whole album opposed to being able to choose one song from an album.

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Discovered this change last night. Now I have to download a whole album opposed to being able to choose one song from an album.

You can download individual songs if you create a new playlist and add songs to it. It's also easy to delete those songs from your playlists, or delete the entire playlist. I agree it's not as easy as it was in iOS 5, but I'm getting used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

butisitamac

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping that this change will be so poorly received and criticized that Apple will revert back to how it was, which worked very well and made sense. The iOS 6 version is an unfortunate mistake that I care much more about than the maps situation...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McElvy