Is it just me or are there more trolls lately?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Growth is painful :) There's nothing wrong with being new. We were all new here at one time. I came to TiPb (then Phone different) from TreoCentral (now PreCentral) and if it hadn't been for people like Dieter and Mike Overbo, who patiently helped me with my n00b questions, even though they'd answered them a million times before, I probably wouldn't have stayed here long.

Trolling is another story. Just let us know when it happens and we'll stop it asap. Everyone has a right to enjoy the forums and we want everyone to have the best experience possible here.

(Also, ignoring rather than engaging trolls does wonders -- if you engage they get the negative attention they crave and they win.)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I find there is less negativity on these boards. Especially since there isn't really a 'General Discussion' forum where anyone can just post pointless threads to provoke negativity, I find that members here are usually civil, which is refreshing.

Uhhh, that's what the Lounge area is for.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
there's still d-bags on here that act like know-it-alls and get upset with newer people when they ask a simple question and they leave smart ass replies about their question. That I don't like about these forums. I don't remember these kinds of people on crackberry. Probably because actual adults use BB instead of all the children that get iphones.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
there's still d-bags on here that act like know-it-alls and get upset with newer people when they ask a simple question and they leave smart ass replies about their question. That I don't like about these forums. I don't remember these kinds of people on crackberry. Probably because actual adults use BB instead of all the children that get iphones.

Obviously you haven't been on Crackberry recently, because it is equally filled with the same kind of members, just a different device.... ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: BrindawithanI

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

See I have to disagree with that. I had to stop going to crackberry forums, because it was way worse then here. Actually a lot of people I talk to stopped going into their forums too for the same reason. Tipb seems like a much smaller group of people then Crackberry was.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
A little advice to the whiners...don't be an idiot and people won't talk to you like an idiot. It's as simple as that.

People take things WAY too personally...especially when it comes to the stuff discussed on this website. Video games? Cell phones? Service carriers? Some of you guys act like you're life blood is connected to these things in some way, taking offense to the mere suggestion that someone might not agree with you, and you stand up as quick as you can to make sure they know until one of us throws something back at you, then you brains must go haywire...because you forget how to continue arguing, you just lose it and start calling names, insulting the other person personally that is in no way attributed to the subject matter at hand...

Why do this? Man up a little...grow some thicker skin. That's all i can say towards this, and if you don't like the way someone talks to you, block 'em, simple as that. Then you don't have to read anything else by them and they don't have to read anything else by you.

Why people need a lecture on this website about their feelings getting hurt is beyond me...i'd be embarrassed if i got so upset about the B.S. that is discussed day in and day out on this forum.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Man/woman up a little...grow some thicker skin.

tumblr_lov5l3nDiz1r04qsho1_500.gif

:p

Last edited:

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
People take things WAY too personally...especially when it comes to the stuff discussed on this website.

TBH, people today seem to take a simple debate as more of an argument and take it personally. Being a person who loves to debate another on just about anything (no matter how little i know about it), I've lost quite a few friends just to the fact that i love to prove them wrong.
Its not that I'm trying to piss them off, its just the fact they are telling people false information or that its an interesting topic to debate about.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
TBH, people today seem to take a simple debate as more of an argument and take it personally. Being a person who loves to debate another on just about anything (no matter how little i know about it), I've lost quite a few friends just to the fact that i love to prove them wrong.
Its not that I'm trying to piss them off, its just the fact they are telling people false information or that its an interesting topic to debate about.

I have gotten into countless fights with my best friend for this same reason. Every time I prove her wrong, she won't talk to me for a few days. Some people can't be proven wrong. Me I would love to be proven wrong. I want to know if I'm spreading wrong information. I call people out on blatant lies too. That pisses lots of people off.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So many people want the internet to be this happy happy joy joy rainbows and puppies kind of play ground...since when is reality like this? I agree with you guys, i personally have ZERO problem telling someone that they said something stupid, i make my career doing such, and then arresting them, its a blast! Do i like to pick fights? Hell no! I'd love to have an environment where all the people were knowledgable, smart, witty and fun to chat with...and we occasionally get into it with each other. The circles of people i keep in my personal life are like this...i don't think its too much to ask to search for that within a forum community!

I mean god forbid someone not like what you like...lol. If you like something and i don't, why does it matter what my opinion is of it? Its not like my opinion (or anyone's) amounts to a hill of beans anyways!

I've learned that uptight whiners need one (or all) of three things...a drink, sex or a life...and it can apply to any of us, if I'm being uptight and whiney, i probably need one. Pick which one applies to you accordingly and CHILL THE F' OUT!

Also...Irish Rose...my apologies for leaving off women. :D

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77