iPhone X v iPhone 8 keyboard width. Is there a huge difference?

nguyentrongphuoc

May 25, 2018
Visit site
So, I'm going on about 2 weeks with the X, and I can't sugarcoat this despite others' apparent happiness with it...I just don't like it. I hate Face ID. Touch ID is better, and I'm glad others seem to like it, but I don't. It's not that it fails a lot or anything, it's just not nearly as intuitive as Touch. Just my opinion.
-The screen, very nice, but not WOW, I'll never see anything like this ever again good.
-The size is nice, but, if you have a case on it, which, if you're smart you do, you can't reach the upper corners unless you have huge hands. Mine are pretty big, and I have to use 2, or readjust significantly to reach the top to swipe down.
-Reachability...near worthless on here. Once you've perfected the motion down from the little home line thingy, you have to pay attention to do it every time.

...and I could go on. So, I think I'm going with a regular iPhone 8. My question is this, for anyone that did the same thing....the width of the keyboard as compared to the X....is it a huge difference? Thanks.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: NEED HELP?

Lol, your a bit late to the party, I have had some of the same complaints for 5 months but have put up with it as I like screen and size of phone, camera. 8 too small plus too big.
I solved fid I just turned that crap off for unlock, now I can use in car holder and when on desk. Still good for apps and passwords.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
The iPhone 8 is 2.65 inches wide, and the X is 2.79, so the width of the keyboards will be pretty close. I found the 8 too small for me personally, but it was the overall screen size, not the phone or keyboard.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have both & the difference is pretty major. The X is more comfortable to type on. In pics the keyboards look the same but you can see the text in the X fits on one line whereas it doesn’t on the 8.

iPhone 8:
a88012dd3a9ac19739a55eddc774f438.jpg

iPhone X:
c872ef28800f50e4378a5a459e82c2cd.jpeg