iPhone X and Android, who is carrying both?

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I'm having both Android and iOS. But iPhone feels very snappy and performance is far better. Usually some says, If anyone use iOS for a while they can't switch to android. Totally accepted that.

Plenty of people say the opposite of that as well, and I accepted that once switching from iPhone to Android.

I still have my iPhone 5S...was a great phone for 18 months before it started crashing and the battery life became poor. I almost wish Apple kept its sharp edges.

ValerieAnne

Sep 21, 2018
Visit site
My main phone is a Samsung S7. I think it's on it's last leg though (having screen and battery issues). I've had an iPhone 6s for over a year now and have rarely used it... I am starting to use it more though, probably because I just got an Apple Watch. I also have a LG G7 Thinq. I got the LG G7 when the Samsung wouldn't work with my new provider (turned out because it was originally a TextNow (even though unlocked) phone, their custom mods, etc wouldn't allow my sim completely work).... then a few months after (ya know, when the return period was up lol), I found out that my iPhone accepts my SIM card. So, I will be using it as a backup (and for the audio/photo). Plus, with being on Medicaid plus not driving, I like having them both just in case service comes/goes with m main one lol

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have used 'Travelling phones' ( modest cost models) to eliminate roaming costs when 'out of country'. I have a local account in Guyana (old account- no data) but hotel & some family have Wifi so 'Guyana Phone' , a Samsung Galaxy J2Prime is for inbound /outbound calls & SMS. I've had that unit for almost 3 years and it works well. It replaced an ancient Blackberry in the same role.
I also have my pay-as-you -go Canadian account on which I have a Galaxy J3. It's with a discount carrier which I've used for 10+ years since I lived there. I use it for local calling and to call back home when needed ( overseas calling rates are far better than would be 'roaming rates' with my home carrier) , but it's main purpose is to generate the Wifi hotspot I use to run the data functions for my iPhone & iPad, when I'm in Canada. I also use it for calling in the US. THE J3 is a neat little critter which replaced the LG X- Power I used the same way for 3 years, which ceased to work reliiably earlier this year. Over the 10 years since I retired & moved, the savings in roaming costs have more than paid for the extra device(s) The use of Internet for 'top-up' from anywhere has made this actually not only the cheapest, but also the most convenient route to go.
I have written essentially this, earlier in I believe the same thread, but am repeating it here & now as it has 'come up' again. It's always interesting to see how others in a diverse spectrum deploy & employ their technology, one of the goals of Forums such as this.

Last edited:

Terry1996

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I just currently switched back to my iPhone X from my Galaxy Note 10 Plus. For some reason I just keep coming back to the iPhone because it is familiar and works perfectly.

As for the Samsung I’ve had Zero issues. It’s just that Android seems not as polished as iOS? I don’t know. Anyways just my two cents.

Lambertoid

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I just currently switched back to my iPhone X from my Galaxy Note 10 Plus. For some reason I just keep coming back to the iPhone because it is familiar and works perfectly.

As for the Samsung I’ve had Zero issues. It’s just that Android seems not as polished as iOS? I don’t know. Anyways just my two cents.

Just put my pixel 3xl down to go back to iOS. It is just smoother. As much as I personally like android it gives you choice in design and hardware. However I message and FaceTime are 2 things that keep me connected but also when I look at how everything just works it’s true everything is just smoother on iOS.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77