Twitter is rebranding to X, whether you like it or not

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
giphy.gif

Jbairdjr

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Waiting for this comment section to explode about how Musk allows Nazis, doesn't stop "disinformation", etc. People will show who the true fascists are when they say this., because they want to censor speech they dont agree with.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
On the surface I disagree with rebranding Twitter to “X”. Will posted comments still be called “tweets”? If its core is still going to functions as what we’ve come to know as Twitter then you might as well leave it as-is.

Having said that, I don’t know what Musk’s vision is for the rebrand and neither do I know what the service will be like moving forward. I will, however, watch it play out and see if it’ll be successful or not.

Iconoclysm

Oct 23, 2019
Visit site
Waiting for this comment section to explode about how Musk allows Nazis, doesn't stop "disinformation", etc. People will show who the true fascists are when they say this., because they want to censor speech they dont agree with.
You obviously do not know what fascism is if you think censoring speech is even a key part of it. Musk literally censors speech he doesn't agree with, by the way...

Iconoclysm

Oct 23, 2019
Visit site
On the surface I disagree with rebranding Twitter to “X”. Will posted comments still be called “tweets”? If its core is still going to functions as what we’ve come to know as Twitter then you might as well leave it as-is.

Having said that, I don’t know what Musk’s vision is for the rebrand and neither do I know what the service will be like moving forward. I will, however, watch it play out and see if it’ll be successful or not.
He's been stuck on calling everything X since forever. He's grown very little since the 1990's...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
He's been stuck on calling everything X since forever. He's grown very little since the 1990's...

I don’t have a problem with him adding the “X” to something “new”, especially if it’s his brand signature. Space X and the X model Tesla seem to be beneficial to him.

Having said that, it doesn’t make sense to me for him to rebrand Twitter to “X” unless he’s redoing the Twitter logo/branding to include X.

To be fair, I have NOT read about the rebranding in great detail at this point.

Reactions: FFR

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Tweets -> Xeets

giphy.gif

Reactions: Just_Me_D

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It was found that Meta (formerly known as Facebook) owns the trademark, in the USA, for “X” in the computer software category.

Opens popcorn, slowly

Attachments

• PDF document.pdf
    171.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77