iPhone OS 4.0 - Complete UI Overhaul?

Are you expecting a complete UI overhaul when the 4.0 software is released?

• Yes - I'm getting bored...

Votes: 93 66.4%
  • No - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Votes: 47 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site

i don't see why it's funny i guess?

the compass integrates with the maps application. try it, go into maps and tap the GPS icon twice, it will show you exactly which direction your heading and rotate the map accordingly.

maybe having an icon for the actual compass is pretty pointless, but the integration into maps is a very nice feature.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
What we need is Apple to stop being Iphone Nazi's. With the way Apple is and there ultimate goal of stopping jailbreaking hince the new new 3GS phones that have tethered jailbreaks. I don't think 4.0 will be what us jailbreakers want. Apple for some reason doesn't want themes or themeing on their phone or flat out customizing. Or they would have made an update along time ago opening the phone up without jailbreaking. They would remove their very strict app store rules. Or just damn let us get Adobe. I just think 4.0 will be a newer looking IPhone with more RAM and a bigger CPU. And a couple odds and ends like Safari download or SMS tones like we can with Ringtones. I'm afraid people that are expecting a 4.0 Iphone thats fully customizable are gonna be really dissappointed. It might be a phone thats alot more secure and alot harder to hack and jailbreak.

Josh

While you make a good point, that is just never going to happen. I have been a mac user and an apple fan for years and one thing you have to deal with when you are an apple customer is that they really do not care what you want to do with the device. Apple operates on a different plain then almost any other company, their idea of market research is that Job's thinks that it's cool. As long as you know and accept that apple is always going to be apple you should never have an issue with them. As far as the JB community goes you are just not at all what apple cares about. For them it is better to exclude you and service the more mainstream customer base.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
There are really only a few things that I want out of 4.0, the main one would be multitasking. Oh and I would kill for some kind of back button. LOL

Lady Kaede

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Excuse me, but what's wrong with the UI? It gets me quickly to the app I want, and that's the UI I want, not the easy-to-use app pallette that we should just be grateful for.

cajunrph

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
While you make a good point, that is just never going to happen. I have been a mac user and an apple fan for years and one thing you have to deal with when you are an apple customer is that they really do not care what you want to do with the device. Apple operates on a different plain then almost any other company, their idea of market research is that Job's thinks that it's cool. As long as you know and accept that apple is always going to be apple you should never have an issue with them. As far as the JB community goes you are just not at all what apple cares about. For them it is better to exclude you and service the more mainstream customer base.
This mentality works when you own less than 10% market share of the computer market, but they are going for much greater market share in the smart phone market. They best damm sure care what the consumer wants in a product. If not they will lose what market share they have gain and then the stock prices will take a dive because their market share will tank. They will listen to what the consumers want. What they are doing in the cell phone market is way different that the computer market. They are a market leader in the smart phone business not so in the computer business.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77