Unlocked iPhone and Verizon activation/use

cgardnervt

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Good morning!

I have just ordered my very first personal iPhone ever! (12 Pro) I am on Verizon and I bought my out right. I have heard and seen some posts about the activation going wrong and becoming a nightmare. What should I expect? Can I just use the esim? Right now I have a unlocked Google Pixel 3XL and I am using the physical sim...I have no 5G in Vermont so that is not a worry to me at the moment. (Guessing just using the physical sim for now will work?

On top of that I am coming from about 15 years of pretty much Android and 3-4 years of WebOS! Any advice for a new iPhone user? I'm excited for the change in pace and a new looking UI. The last iPhone I used was an iPhone 6S but it was a work line and I only used it for texting and calls only. I have supported it in the past working in IT as well. So I know my way around some. Still...Any advice is welcome! I plan to continue using my Google services if I can.

Thank you very much! Sorry for all of the noob questions!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you already have Verizon service with your current smartphone, simply insert that SIM into your new iPhone 12 Pro.

Since you’re already familiar with iOS , albeit via your work phone, it’s easy to manipulate once you get past how different it is from Android. You should find the same apps you’re used to on Android for the most part and I think you’ll enjoy the shear speed of the iPhone 12 Pro.

The battery life can’t match that of the Pro Max model, but it’s not bad at all. Anyway, best of luck to you with your new iPhone 12 Pro.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My suggestion if there are activation problems is use the Verizon chat and ask for call back. All the carriers are very busy right now - something I know from IT admin. My activation went fine but I've had to help some others. One that was problematic needed the customer service rep being read what was printed on the actual card.

Absolutely make sure any new 12 series runs the 14.2.1 operating system update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73