Iphone 6s totally dead should i throw it away?

Angela Beck

Sep 17, 2018
Visit site
My iPhone 6s is dead with a black screen will not power on it will not show charging icon or battery icon it's just totally dead so to speak. I have had the battery replaced and he checked a few of the components inside, I've tried soft reset I tried a hard reset I tried putting it in dfu mode I tried different Chargers different box plug-ins different wall receptacles and using a laptop. Nothing works nothing changes it from Just being powerless no noise no vibration just dead. I'm wondering if there's any hope for repair or should I just throw it away

ValerieAnne

Sep 21, 2018
Visit site
No, I've seen ones like how you described yours, going for between 50-200 on eBay still. Which is odd, as if they can't be used, not sure why people are spending that much for them. Of course those prices depend on the gb and color and provider.

I'd see about a service station or talking to somebody through chat/phone if you can to see if you can pinpoint the problem/issue first before deciding anything though. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 6s is dead with a black screen will not power on it will not show charging icon or battery icon it's just totally dead so to speak. I have had the battery replaced and he checked a few of the components inside, I've tried soft reset I tried a hard reset I tried putting it in dfu mode I tried different Chargers different box plug-ins different wall receptacles and using a laptop. Nothing works nothing changes it from Just being powerless no noise no vibration just dead. I'm wondering if there's any hope for repair or should I just throw it away

Take it to the nearest Apple Store to see if they can get it to power on. If they cannot, have them check the battery. If the battery is good and they still can’t get it to power on then yeah, throw it away and make plans to get a new iPhone.