iPhone 5 starting to lag

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So, I have recently noticed that my iPhone 5 is starting to kinda lag a lot and be a little glitchy. It's not very responsive. Not all the time, but enough to be kind of annoying. I have had it for around 4 to 5 months now and it was working perfectly until a couple days ago.

Any suggestions of what I could do?

Thanks,

Blake

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
A soft reset would be more like the normal powering down function on the iPhone...the equivalent "battery pull" would be a hard reset, or holding the home and power button down until the phone shuts down.

To the OP, if you're not jailbroken, the chances that one of the apps is causing laggy performance in general on your iPhone is pretty low (though not impossible). The best way to figure that out would be to go back to when you remember the phone starting to have performance issues and then deleting any apps you DL'ed around that time (and reloading them if they are important to you), it is possible that you had a bad sync if you recently updated your firmware on it, and it's also possible that you have a hardware issue and it needs to be replaced.

Personally, i wouldn't take the chance in any of these situations...your iPhone 5 is still under full warranty, which means you'll get a brand spanking new one if you go in and let them know what's going on (and even easier if you can replicate the issue IN store). Get a replacement, that way in the future even if you get it to start performing normal now, you don't have this same issue creep back up after the warranty is over.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So, I have recently noticed that my iPhone 5 is starting to kinda lag a lot and be a little glitchy. It's not very responsive. Not all the time, but enough to be kind of annoying. I have had it for around 4 to 5 months now and it was working perfectly until a couple days ago.

Any suggestions of what I could do?

Thanks,

Blake

Reboot your iPhone. If that doesn't improve restore it from backup. If that doesn't improve restore as new. If that doesn't help go see Apple and they will swap it out.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could just go swap it out for a new one, but I traded my Optimus G for the iPhone 5 with a guy. I don't think it's still under warranty. But I do have insurance on it. It is with Sprint. Would this help?

I'll try the rebooting first. Thanks, guys.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Reboot your iPhone. If that doesn't improve restore it from backup. If that doesn't improve restore as new. If that doesn't help go see Apple and they will swap it out.

​Yep, and in that order...:)

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine sometimes get a lol laggy but not enough for it to bother me but yeah I notice it and when that happens then I just do a soft reset on my phone.. But still work as good for me

anthony81586

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I only have 3gbs left and it's a 16gb iPhone 5.

Should still be fine. But I have noticed on my previous iPhones (never owned a 5) that this will impact the day to day lag. Especially when you try to update apps or the OS in general over the air.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Should still be fine. But I have noticed on my previous iPhones (never owned a 5) that this will impact the day to day lag. Especially when you try to update apps or the OS in general over the air.

It mainly happens when I send a text or click the home button. Again, it doesn't happen all of the time. I can deal with it, it just frustrates me when it happens.

wildmangk

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
It mainly happens when I send a text or click the home button. Again, it doesn't happen all of the time. I can deal with it, it just frustrates me when it happens.

Good luck if you try to do a warranty exchange at apple. I qent in last Saturday because my phone has been powercycling on its own and the Genius said that she couldnt see anything being shown on her diagnostic screen so i got turned down for a replacement. She just did a factory restore and still have the same issue. Definitely not an app doing it, who knows whats causing it.

anthony81586

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Hmm that's weird considering you said your messages were cleared out. Just for ****s and giggles, what's your call log/email look like, as far as amount in the?

Can always try the old hard restart

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hmm that's weird considering you said your messages were cleared out. Just for ****s and giggles, what's your call log/email look like, as far as amount in the?

Can always try the old hard restart

I actually just emptied my call log earlier today and it hasn't been doing as much lagging. It's been doing good. If it starts to act up again, I will restart it.

anthony81586

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
You know what I mean by the restart right? Hold down the home button and the sleep/awake button simultaneously for a few seconds and it reboots. Hopefully that stuff fixes it. Good luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcharest