iphone 5 jailbreak with OTA update installed. HOW?

I

iMore Question

Hi I have an AT&T iphone 5 running 7.0.4 and would like to jailbreak it. only problem is that I did an OTA update and so now evasi0n jailbreak software wont work properly. Also if I update the phone using iTunes it will update to 7.1.1 which there is no jailbreak for. Ive tried downloading the iphone 5 ipsw version 7.0.6 and plugging phone into iTunes holding shift while clicking update (using windows). its starts updating then I get an iTunes error 3194. iTunes is updated to the latest version so that's not it. Does anyone know if there is a solution for this? I want to jailbreak my phone, I don't want it update to 7.1.1 I want 7.0.6 so that I can use evasi0n jail breaking tool. any help is much appreciated!!!!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
You can't Apple stopped signing iOS 7.0.6 2 months ago. You can try jailbreaking with the OTA update installed since sometime it works for some people. If it doesn't work, you should update to the latest version as a security bug was patched in iOS 7.0.6 and you may be at risk.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That is a common error so either you update to 7.1.1 through iTunes or not much else you can do unless one of our JB experts can provide you with any other info.

Daniel Samaroo

May 6, 2014
Visit site
thank you so much for your quick reply! ive tried using evasi0n and it wont work, any other jailbreaking pragrams that might work with this? also do you think if I downloaded the previous version of iTunes to update to 7.0.6 it would work?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
thank you so much for your quick reply! ive tried using evasi0n and it wont work, any other jailbreaking pragrams that might work with this? also do you think if I downloaded the previous version of iTunes to update to 7.0.6 it would work?

No. Apple stopped signing it. It doesn't matter what version of iTunes you have. There is no other tool to use for jailbreaking at this time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77