iPad continues to dominate the tablet market in the United States

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Apple using iOS as the roadmap to create IPadOS right out of the gate with the launch of iPad was an incredible wise business choice by Apple/Steve Jobs. Over a decade later the IPad still dominates because IPadOS and the ecosystem of apps established right from the start while competition lacked a specific tablet OS and app ecosystem specific to it.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Apple using iOS as the roadmap to create IPadOS right out of the gate with the launch of iPad was an incredible wise business choice by Apple/Steve Jobs. Over a decade later the IPad still dominates because IPadOS and the ecosystem of apps established right from the start while competition lacked a specific tablet OS and app ecosystem specific to it.

If I remember rightly, Steve Jobs was not really in favour of the iPad ?

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I’ve never heard that. It may be true but I’m not aware either way. But by release time of the iPad SJ was definitely onboard. He saw it as making computing easy for the masses. He reportedly felt Windows and even Mac would never see full potential for the majority due to the complexity vs most people being uncomfortable with tech. Also, SJ had learned a valuable lesson from iPhone’s first release. It did not have a developer kit/app ecosystem. IPad release came with that critical developer kit to allow that app ecosystem. It made the IPad user experience excellent right out of the gate. IPad arguably was the greatest product roll out in Apple’s history and likely one of the best in history of consumer electronics.
Besides Rene Ritchie, a great YouTube channel to learn some of the Apple history is called AppleExplained.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77