iPad and yahoo mail

I

iMore Question

After the latest update to my ipad iOS 7.0.2, my yahoo account keeps showing unread messages. First it was 5 now it is 35. Other devices do not show unread messages and the ipad does not show unread messages it just says there are 35 of them. Deleted account but no help there.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Try killing the mail app in multi-tasking(double tap the home button). Go into settings and turn off the Yahoo mail. Go to the account and flip the Mail to off. Reboot the iPad. Login to Yahoo on a computer and make sure the Deleted and Junk mailboxes are empty. Then on the iPad turn the Yahoo mail back on. Then open the mail app.

jonmanvel

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the idea but Nope, now have 53 unread messages. Tried deleting the account but that did not work either. I see I am not the only one having this problem I would like to hear from somebody who had this problem and solved it themselves.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
For the first three days after the update on my iPad Mini and for the first day with my iPhone 5s, my Yahoo email account kept intermittently showing 51,000 (+/-) unread messages. I would "Mark All Read" and they would get marked and then a few hours later it would show 51,000 unread again.

It stopped after a few days and settled into a normal pattern. Has not reappeared.

I imagine that it was a Yahoo email server glitch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2