IOS 10 - Pressing Icon does not always launch App

I

iMore Question

Ever since I've upgraded to IOS 10 a few months ago on my iPhone 6S Plus, many times when I press an icon on my screen, I can see the icon flash, thus indicating that IOS recognizes I pressed the icon, but the app does not launch. A second press of the icon will then launch the app. This happens maybe 5% of the time and it happens to any and all apps, including mail, phone and messages on the bottom bar.

I was at the Apple Genius Bar about a month ago getting the lint cleaned out of the charging port and the rep suggested I do a reset of the phone without wiping the data. He said that if that didn't work, to backup the phone to iTunes and then do a total wipe of the phone and restore from the backup. Neither solved the problem.

For each IOS 10 upgrade Apple has sent out, I've downloaded, hoping that it would fix my issue. I am current on IOS 10.2 and it still happens. I searched online for this issue and it seems like I am the only one experiencing this.

I almost wonder if it's an issue with the phone, however it's too much of a coincidence that this started happening with IOS 10. It's also strange that the icon does flash when you touch it, so there's no issue with the screen.

Any ideas? Thanks.

srkmagnus

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm stumped. The this issue happen in front of the genius bar employee? I've not encountered this issue and don't have any solution to fix this beyond what has already been suggested by the genius bar. Let us know if you fix this issue and what step(s) you took to correct it.

steevr

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I did some more testing and I was able to get it to happen twice in about 2 minutes worth of launching apps. I then went into settings and turned off 3D Touch. I have not seen the issue happen again since then. I'll leave it off and see if it happens over the next day or two. When 3D was on, sensitivity was at the default medium setting.

steevr

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Used it all day today with 3D Touch turned off and didn't have the issue. Turning 3D back on and will experiment with the light and firm sensitivity settings, since the problem occurs when set to medium.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. If I am in one app, press the home key and try and select another app, the first touch isn't recognized. I have to press it again a second time for the app to respond and open. I thought someone had mentioned this but I can't find it. If my memory serves me right, they said it was a bug in iOS 10. But I see no mention of it.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Ive also experienced this issue. I guess Ive just gotten over it though as it doesnt happen very often. I see it as just a quirk and not a big deal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2