HP Printer Issue

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have an iMac running Sierra. I replaced the original HD with an SSD then I upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra. Now, I am not able to print to either an HP Laserjet, Ricoh machine or any other printers on the same network. I do get an IP address on the printer and Mac. I do have internet access and I am able to print from another Mac that was NOT part of this upgrade. I had upgraded seven Macs.

I did try to use CUPs and HP Printer v.5.1 OS X but neither one solves the problem. I did reset the printing system and that didn't fix it either. However, I am able to print from a Windows 7 VM on one of the Macs.

All of this tells me the problem is not with port, switch, printer, IP address, etc....

When I go to print something, it says "connecting to printer" but doesn't find it. I am able to Ping the printer.

How do I fix this problem?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wired or wireless printing? Either way, reboot the everything -- iMac, router, modem, and printer. Make sure you've downloaded all subsequent upgrades for the OS you're using.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
This is a school environment and I can't reboot the modem and router. Both Mac and printers are WIRED and printers have a static IP. I have check the updates and there is nothing pending.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sislik