How to have a custom set vibration style for an app like "Whatsapp"

taimur_3

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I have to keep my phone on silent at work. I was able to set a simple vibration style named "Heartbeat" for my incoming calls, incoming texts etc. which was a relief for me. But, I am not able to do the same for incoming messages of "Whatsapp".

The default vibration style kinda blows me away sometimes :p. Is it possible to set up any other vibration style for my whatsapp messages ?

A sincere reply shall be appreciated.

Thanks

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore taimur

I don't use that particular app and upon checking most of my 3rd party apps they don't seem to be included in the custom vibrate alert section of Settings>Sounds

Stay tuned to this thread and more detailed help will arrive soon

Again thank you for posting to iMore

something_better

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I was hoping for some solution as well. I have a customized vibration for iMessages and incoming calls but unfortunately whatsapp doesn't let you customize. I was hoping that Apple would include this feature for the next generation phones but I guess some people might have to hunt for a new phone.....

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I was hoping for some solution as well. I have a customized vibration for iMessages and incoming calls but unfortunately whatsapp doesn't let you customize. I was hoping that Apple would include this feature for the next generation phones but I guess some people might have to hunt for a new phone.....

Maybe the app devs have to allow such "customization" in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk