How do I go about restoring/upgrating my jailbroken phone?

mikado86

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Problem restoring/upgrating jailbroken phone

English is not my first language so if you see me over describing or something please endure it

Ok so, I got an Iphone 5 with IOS 6.0.2, jailbroken with something, I forgot and dont know how to check what tool I used, anyways

I have tried to jailbreak into the newest 8.1 IOS (I wanted 7.1.4 or something but apparently Apple stopped signing those, so I HAVE to get 8.1 if Im going to get something at all), so here is where I start feeling retarded, let me list some problems I have fount so far slapping me in the face, many of them might not have been the correct approach but nothenless they did not worked

- Ok so I cant upgrade directly to 8.1, for whatever reason, I tried "Check for Update" on the phone on itunes (latest version), and it says my version is the latest one, I believe this is because my iphone is jailbroken and is common behavior, for this same reason, I cant update my phone OTA, jailbroken disabled it.

- I tried shift+click, and selecting a 8.1 iphone 5 GSM (My phone is GSM, I checked) jwsm (or whatever they called, forgot the initials, the firmware mind you), I got errors while trying to do it this way, Error 0xE8000004 and 3194 on different times, I tried in 2 computers, directly into the USB, with different USB entry, different USB cables and unplugging non needed USB's, they all gave one or the other.

- Then I tried "Restore Phone" on itunes, clicked "no backup" and then restore when it ask me if im sure, after this nothing happens, I click itunes download tab and its not downloading firmware or anything, so im pretty much stuck.

Anyone got some kind of advice on how to proceed?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problem restoring/upgrating jailbroken phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGSOb589JBM

Try this. Then plug the phone into iTunes.

If you wat to jailbreak, don't EVER bother looking at the OTA possibility. This is not a troubleshooting step. It's no different than throwing your phone on the ground to update your iOS. Just take the option away.

mikado86

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problem restoring/upgrating jailbroken phone

I know how to enter DFU mode, I have done it before, hows that going to help me?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost