Help! Contacts are now a jumbled mess

Toymaker

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
I thought everything went well upgrading my wife and I to iOS 5 on our iPhone 4's until we noticed our contacts got all messed up, Badly! I don't know what I can do to get my info back. I didn't do a recent save of our Outlook contact info so I don't know how I can sort it out. Please help!

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
More specific details on the problem might get you more responses and assistance.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Toymaker

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
I have a Windows Vista computer and had been syncing with Outlook 2010 but switched to iCloud syncing but backing up to the PC. Just one example is my address, email and phone info for my name has been replaced with my old college info. Other contacts have jumbled info as well.
I first noticed something wrong when I did a iTunes sync after my upgrade and it tried to resolve 94 conflicts in outlook but it didn't show me what was wrong . I defaulted to my iPhone over Outlook because I knew I had added some new contacts since my last sync. I never imagined this could go so horribly wrong.

Toymaker

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Please Help!

I really am having a difficult time of this. I forgot to mention that iTunes didn't store my backup that I made before the upgrade.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
If you have more than one set of address and contact cards for tr same people then I would definitely clear out the old addresses and old cards with old info if people have new ones. Saves time spent on headaches like these. Best thing to do is just get everything set up the way that you like it in outlook and then add that computer to iCloud so that all of the changes you make to contacts will change what you have in iCloud. Also make sure that you do the same thing with your wife's contacts especially if youre using the same apple id for iCloud syncing. FYI you can both share the same apple id for apps store and iTunes and make up completely separate apple id's for iCloud so that pure information. Is never put together if one or the other is bad about updating contact information.

Toymaker

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
iCloud can be extremely buggy just like mobile me was. After a couple of long Apple tech support calls, I finally got most of my contacts back but it was a mess.

MMS176

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I want to revive this thread now too. I foolishly it seems, moved from the safety of an exchange server for my mail / contacts / calendar to iCloud and it's been disastrous. My contacts are thoroughly corrupted and I have over 2000 and I work in them daily. For example my brother in-law and father in law who have the same name excluding the Jr. are now jumbled information. I have tons of information in notes and the notes are multiple contacts combined. The emails have 20 different unrelated emails in one contact. It's awful! The iPhone and iPad don't show about 20% of the addresses even though they are on the macbook and iCloud. They said i had a corrupt administrator and had me create a new login and now all my files and pictures, etc. are on the other login. The new one had to be completely reset and then I still found tons of errors with my contacts. I never, ever, should have left the security of exchange where they could go back in time and get an old contact back-up. How do I get my contacts BEFORE they were corrupted 2 months ago? This is devastating and I have no idea what to do.