Exchange Email Options

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
So, if I am already using Exchange Activesync for my Exchange Account at work, I'm petty well stuffed for push email for my other email accounts? From what I have seen Gmail, Interways etc all need to be configured to use Activesync if they are to operate as push accounts.

If that is correct, does this mean that MobileMe is my only way of getting push mail for my other email accounts?

Thanks.
correct.

a quick search would have turned up dozens of threads on this subject

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
I don't know if I understand your question...and I don't know if my answer is right, since I only use one email account on my iPhone and it is my exchange account.
I know you can have only one exchange activesync account on the iPhone. But it looks like you can have Exchange, mobileme, gmail, yahoo, and AOL, all at the same time.
Your theory sounds correct.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if I understand your question...and I don't know if my answer is right, since I only use one email account on my iPhone and it is my exchange account.
I know you can have only one exchange activesync account on the iPhone. But it looks like you can have Exchange, mobileme, gmail, yahoo, and AOL, all at the same time.
Your theory sounds correct.

he was specifically asking about gmail push + exchange activesync at work.

you can only have one activesync source and gmail push uses activesync

sandyscandles

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok I am new at all this and new to the Iphone 3gs, when i look at an email on my iphone when i get home it is gone from the server.

So if I install Google Sync. How would I get push email and also how will I get the mail to stay on the server?

I have two email and they are both gmail.com so can someone please help me.

thank you

Sandy

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
I don't use gmail, so I can't offer too much help. My guess, and I could be wrong. But I think it sounds like you have your gmail set up as pop mail on your phone. You want to set it up as exchange mail. google how to set up your iphone mail with gmail exchange activesync.

appliancemedic

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I have just started to use Exchange with google/gmail. I have the email and calendar working just fine but can not get the contact to sync. I have about 3000 contacts I set to sync but the contacts in my phone does not in up in my gmail account. What did I do wrong. Thanks for the help

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77