Do all iPhones work with all carriers once they are unlocked?

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm asking because about 6-7 months ago I left Verizon for MetroPCS. I ported 2 lines over & got 2 free iPhone SE's. MetroPCS sucks in my area so now I want to port my 2 lines back to Verizon and bring my 2 iPhone SE's with me if I could. Are these GSM only iPhones? Is there even such thing as GSM only or CDMA only iPhones? If it can be done, do I have to ask MetroPCS to unlocked them first? Any guidance on this matter would be appreciated.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Verizon runs on CDMA technology and is not compatible with GSM technology (T-Mobile & AT&T). Verizon's CDMA network isn’t compatible with Sprint's CDMA network. Typically these phones will only operate on their own network. However, as long as your device is unlocked and has previously run on the Verizon network, your iPhone model 4, 4s, and 5 will work on the Verizon network.

iPhone models 5c, 5s, 6, 6+, 6s, 6s+, SE from Verizon were designed to support all major network bands and are compatible with all major network providers. No matter GSM or CDMA, Sprint, AT&T or T-Mobile, the iPhone model 5c, 5s, 6, 6+, 6s, 6s+, SE will work on any carrier. Just make sure the devices have been paid in full and properly unlocked.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2