Did anyone know about Back Tap?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, turned it off though to many accidental screenshots. Now I have double tap for Home Screen and Triple tap for ok google, I’ll see how that works

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, turned it off though to many accidental screenshots. Now I have double tap for Home Screen and Triple tap for ok google, I’ll see how that works

It is pretty sensitive, even with an OtterBox case. But I have yet to tap the back of my phone twice accidentally. How do you manage that?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to find any use for it, I must admit that I have a vision of future iPhoneists having to dance about like some loon playing the spoons....

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I use double tap for home screen..i can skip the swipe up on lock screen by just double tapping back at face id

I don’t understand, I have always been able to wake my XS by tapping the screen once,and because of face id you go straight to home screen.

Last edited:

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've tried several iterations of the 2 and 3 tap. Making a short cut to toggle flashlight, app switcher, home screen. There were too many false positives with the toggle flashlight. I think I'll settle with double tap for app switcher. I'm torn on a short cut that does the flashlight vs one that opens a specific Drafts app note.

What's interesting is the way it's got my considering shortcuts again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don’t understand, I have always been able to wake my XS by tapping the screen once,and because of face id you go straight to home screen.

Face ID doesn’t take me to home screen on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I have to swipe up after unlocking with Face ID.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

On back tap, I keep wishing things I haven't been able to work out or do yet. For now I'm happy on my double tap choice and keep playing with what to have 3 of them do.

Straight to home screen is probably OS level control I don't have. My idea to open a specific OneNote note will be next.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77