Data automatically updates after being turned off for a while

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I got the  Watch Nike+ Space Gray Case with Black Volt band on February 4th. After I set it up I had to turn it off and put it back in the box so that I can open it on my birthday in a week and three days.

The question I have is will all the data on the Watch (text messages, apps, etc.) be from February 4th or will they automatically update from my phone to the current day, which will be February 24th?

If it doesn't update automatically that's ok. It'll still update but some of the information will be out of sync.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
If it doesn't update automatically that's ok. It'll still update but some of the information will be out of sync.

I'm sure the Watch will update to some current information. What I'm not sure of is if messages that have been sent while the Watch is off, will be updated.

I believe apps will update when the Watch starts up. Recently I was watching an update for an installed app, and it didn't until I uninstalled it in the Watch app and reinstalled it. This was quicker than rebooting the Watch.

iCloud based stuff like your Calendar should be updated. Let us know if your Messages get updated and what doesn't.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure the Watch will update to some current information. What I'm not sure of is if messages that have been sent while the Watch is off, will be updated.

I believe apps will update when the Watch starts up. Recently I was watching an update for an installed app, and it didn't until I uninstalled it in the Watch app and reinstalled it. This was quicker than rebooting the Watch.

iCloud based stuff like your Calendar should be updated. Let us know if your Messages get updated and what doesn't.

I will let you all know in a week and three days what has updated and what hasn't.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Lol. You're counting down. Just open it now!

If only it was that easy! Unfortunately I have to wait until my birthday. My parents were the ones who got the Watch for me for my birthday and they said that it was one of the conditions for getting the Watch was for me to wait until my birthday. I did ask them again last week but they said no.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If only it was that easy! Unfortunately I have to wait until my birthday. My parents were the ones who got the Watch for me for my birthday and they said that it was one of the conditions for getting the Watch was for me to wait until my birthday. I did ask them again last week but they said no.

Ah gotcha. I'm getting impatient on your behalf!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8