Control Center Bug?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Further more to this bug/ feature. I am trying to wrap my head around whqt exactly the point of it is.
So when I toggle the BT/Wifi connection off. It disconnects from whatever device it was connected to.
It doesn't turn it off, just disconnects. Got it.
However, when I go and turn on a different device later on, it doesn't automatically connect at all....So what's the point?
My BT/ WiFi is still on....But I still have to go toggle it in the control Center.
So what am I missing here????

As I understand it, When you go to a different location that is also a known WiFi access point, it does automatically connect. It just won’t automatically reconnect to the ap you’ve disconnected from until you leave and come back, or until the next day. Or you go into settings /WiFi and manually reconnect.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
As a test, I shut off WiFi/BT in Settings before going to bed. I woke up well after 5am, and they were both still off.

So I’m guessing that the 5am thing only applies if you leave WiFi/BT on in Settings, but you’ve disconnected the network/device the night before with the “improved” Control Center switches. Then, at 5am, it’ll connect back to that network/device.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
As a test, I shut off WiFi/BT in Settings before going to bed. I woke up well after 5am, and they were both still off.

So I’m guessing that the 5am thing only applies if you leave WiFi/BT on in Settings, but you’ve disconnected the network/device the night before with the “improved” Control Center switches. Then, at 5am, it’ll connect back to that network/device.

Yep, that's exactly what I was talking about. From what I have read (and I have no interest at all in testing this myself), if you disconnect from a WiFi AP *in control center on iOS 11*, leaving the WiFi radio on, it is supposed to do as I said above.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77