Can I force Siri to always use my iPhone mic, instead of defaulting to the Bluetooth speakers mic?

I

iMore Question

can I force Siri to always use iPhone mic, instead of defaulting to the Bluetooth speakers mic?

When I ping Siri from my 6+ it auto defaults to the Bluetooth speakers mic which I find to be hit or miss, or the speaker is across the room from me and not useful. Is the any way to force Siri to always use the iPhones mic? I know there is an onscreen button to change the input but I would use Siri more if it was always just a simple home button push. Also I'm curious to know if this same problem occurs when using an Apple Watch with an iPhone and Bluetooth speaker.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: can I force Siri to always use iPhone mic, instead of defaulting to the Bluetooth speakers mic?

If your iPhone is connected to a Bluetooth device that has a microphone, you must use the Bluetooth device's mic to speak queries to Siri. If the Bluetooth device does not include a mic then you can speak your queries via the iPhone's microphone. I am unaware of a way around this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77