Apple Store for Repair or Use Insurance

jb_ez86

May 20, 2018
Visit site
Just posting this to hear individuals opinions. My daughters iPhone 7 Plus and my iPhone 8 Plus screens are cracked. My iPhone iPhone 8 Plus Back Glass is broken also.

Would you guys/gals recommend insurance claims for both or take it to the Apple Store?

I was going to attempt to change both myself but all these videos so different problems that can occur. So I rather not

Opinions are very much welcomed and will considered.

Thanks.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would 100% bring them to Apple. If you do it yourself and and anything goes wrong you will be out two phones. If you bring them to Apple and something goes wrong you get to leave the store with two new phones

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I would take them to Apple as well. The cost for screen/phone replacement might be cheaper or on par with your insurance, plus you won’t have to go through shipping.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If you go via the insurance route, you're almost guaranteed to get refurbished devices. There's absolutely nothing wring with that, but if I could pay a "few bucks" to get my device fixed, I'll go that route every time.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I cannot find my original post. But according to Apple, the back glass cannot be repaired. The phone needs to be replaced.
I explained why the woman on the phone said it was $169.
He says, “ she must have misunderstood you”??
Either way, I would have had to spend $400 to replace the phone.
Again, shame on me for not having Apple care.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McElvy