AOL & push email?

SJO99

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, have a question about AOL mail. I've set it up on my 3G along with a work exchange account, & gmail account. I did select the "manual" check option on all but the work account which is true push. The thing is, I am getting mail on AOL! I am using wifi but I double checked to make certain that the fetch setting is manual and it is. Anyone have any ideas? I don't think that AOL supports true push (and if it did would not the manual setting over ride it?) Appreciate any comments....>JTA

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
AOL does not support push. My guess is whenever you are going into your other email accounts email in your AOL is popping up? That's because when you go into those other accounts it is manually checking your AOL.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I would love to get true push with AOL. That would rock. Wonder if this would work when apples push servers come out.

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I forgot AOL still existed.

I know its hard to switch email addresses just like phone numbers but if you will just make the effort, keep your same username and add it to Gmail or Yahoo, you can solve all these problems and have push.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RowanJack