Anybody getting an Xr?

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Mind sharing what made you return it? Thought I was going to get the XS but just returned the XR and decided to wait until Black Friday. Now considering all three: X, XR, and XS. XR may be the best value but I’ll see what sales will be available.

So far looks like $300 for Xs/Xs max/ and Xr at Walmart in a gift card, then $400 in a gift card for the 8/8+ and I think X? At Walmart. Not sure how the carriers will do though. That's what I've seen so far. Didn't feel like fighting crowds on Thanksgiving night so I went ahead and did the Sam's club route.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Just got my red 128 gig Xr today from with the Sam's club deal ($300 gift card with activation). So far really loving it compared to my 6 plus. Face id is so fast and like that it only unlocks once I look at my phone, I think that is very smart and didn't know that it did that.
Congrats on your new Xr! I hope that you enjoy it, it's a great phone.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I ended up returning it.
Wow, me too. I like how we were both torn but ended up doing the same thing, without even knowing that the other did the same.

I'm sure that we have different reasons for doing so but for me, it was exclusively for the fear of regretting the size in the long term. Every phone that I found to be too big when trying it, has always been returned. I came close but the regret was much stronger.

Last edited:

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Wow, me too. I like how we were both torn but ended up doing the same thing, without even knowing that the other did the same.

I'm sure that we have different reasons for doing so but for me, it was exclusively for the fear of regretting the size in the long term. Every phone that I found to be too big when trying it, has always been returned. I came close but the regret was much stronger.

Oh wow, I knew you were unsure of the size. And yes, we did do it for different reasons ha! I actually liked the size better than my X. Going from OLED to LCD was too much of a compromise for me in the end.

So what are you using now?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Oh wow, I knew you were unsure of the size. And yes, we did do it for different reasons ha! I actually liked the size better than my X. Going from OLED to LCD was too much of a compromise for me in the end.

So what are you using now?

I figured as much haha. Ooh okay, I can understand that.

I had the chance to feel the X and use it briefly so I decided to get the X. I went back to my Android phone (this phone wasn't released in the US so no point of sharing its name lol) while I'm waiting for it to come.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I figured as much haha. Ooh okay, I can understand that.

I had the chance to feel the X and use it briefly so I decided to get the X. I went back to my Android phone (this phone wasn't released in the US so no point of sharing its name lol) while I'm waiting for it to come.

Oh okay nice! Did you get a new one? I know some carriers are selling them for $100 off

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

You returned it! Wow... I'm sticking with mine, even though the size is sometimes a small issue. Actually, I almost dropped my phone while walking down the stairs in my house the other day. I was shifting it from my right hand to the left; luckily, I caught it before it could take a dive! The iPhone X is nice and definitely a better size for gals like us (I have small hands but long fingers and still find the XR a bit of a stretch - literally!). I actually did have an opportunity to get the X in space gray 256GB at a very reasonable price, but I decided I would rather hold out for the XR at a few more bucks.

Hope you enjoy your new iPhone X when it arrives!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Nothing! I am trying to just keep it but I always have to have the latest and greatest haha. I have to come across a really really good deal on an XS or else I'm riding out the X until next September

LOL...I understand because I use to be that person. The only reason I have an XS is because I had issues with the 8 & everything else was too large. I’m still not impressed, so I’ll probably end up upgrading that next year and keeping my X, as my business device, another year. I always end up picking up my X before I pick up my XS. I’m trying to love it!

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
You returned it! Wow... I'm sticking with mine, even though the size is sometimes a small issue. Actually, I almost dropped my phone while walking down the stairs in my house the other day. I was shifting it from my right hand to the left; luckily, I caught it before it could take a dive! The iPhone X is nice and definitely a better size for gals like us (I have small hands but long fingers and still find the XR a bit of a stretch - literally!). I actually did have an opportunity to get the X in space gray 256GB at a very reasonable price, but I decided I would rather hold out for the XR at a few more bucks.

Hope you enjoy your new iPhone X when it arrives!

Wow, I'm glad that you caught it!

I agree about the Xr being a stretch for sure and the size of the X. The virtual button was my good friend for the control center and notifications lol. Yeah I totally get why, as the Xr is a really good phone.

Thank you! I'm not willing to toss my case and screen protector yet, just in case I want a Xr again. I do know that I will miss that Xr battery life for sure.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
LOL...I understand because I use to be that person. The only reason I have an XS is because I had issues with the 8 & everything else was too large. I’m still not impressed, so I’ll probably end up upgrading that next year and keeping my X, as my business device, another year. I always end up picking up my X before I pick up my XS. I’m trying to love it!

Interesting! I think I've decided on not upgrading to the XS....it is not worth the $. If anything is get an XR again but it would have to be for a really good deal!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I honestly was considering getting it and selling off my Max. I went so far as to buy it with the pickup option at the local  store. While walking around the store waiting to get notified that it was ready, I canceled the order and went home.

Did you end up re-ordering it?