AirPlay for iOS and OSX designed more like Sonos?

Chad_Mobley

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Has there been any new "rumors" that Apple is looking to improve upon AirPlay to add such functionality widespread for iOS and OSX to be able to send audio to multiple AirPlay capable devices? How about the idea of sending different audio to individual zones? I love that we can currently do this with iTunes but for this idea to be widespread would be amazing! How about being able to send video/audio to the Apple TV's such as a ball game via MLB.TV or NBA LP and the software can determine that if the AirPlay device is not an Apple TV is will still send it the audio so that for game days each TV with an Apple TV could have the video and audio while the audio only zones could still get sync'd game audio?! THIS would for sure be different than Apple's wireless streaming competitors!

Chad_Mobley

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Has there been any new "rumors" that Apple is looking to improve upon AirPlay to add such functionality widespread for iOS and OSX to be able to send audio to multiple AirPlay capable devices? How about the idea of sending different audio to individual zones? I love that we can currently do this with iTunes but for this idea to be widespread would be amazing! How about being able to send video/audio to the Apple TV's such as a ball game via MLB.TV or NBA LP and the software can determine that if the AirPlay device is not an Apple TV is will still send it the audio so that for game days each TV with an Apple TV could have the video and audio while the audio only zones could still get sync'd game audio?! THIS would for sure be different than Apple's wireless streaming competitors!

[Just sent this to Apple as a request]

I have thought about this for a while now being that I work with the company Sonos and have found it to be THE answer for now when building a whole home audio solution, but how about expanding the capability of AirPlay for a solution that is similar or even better than that of the competition?! For example, there are so many options out there for AirPlay enabled speakers/systems which gives Apple customers choice when choosing instead of the limited choice with Sonos. This helps with budget and performance! Another idea would be that AirPlay should be system wide on both OSX and iOS, not matter whether it is iTunes audio or internet radio or even a video! If we could do this same idea and send let's say MLB.TV or NBA LP to every AirPlay enabled component in the home, the Apple TVs could accept both video and audio for that particular zone while the audio only capable devices could still accept the audio from that same source "expanding" the game day experience throughout the home! How about different audio per zone? Being that I am a Home Theater Designer I would love the ability to be able to do things such as this. You already have all the devices in place; iPhone, iPads, iPod Touch's, Macs, Apple TVs and every other AirPlay enabled device from authorized companies now just tweak the software to reflect such ideas! Take back wireless audio and video from these other companies who are trying to beat Apple to the punch! Just research how quickly Sonos is expanding within the States!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sball68