Afraid to Upgrade to Lion

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Good morning all, I know I am late to the game and I knew this day would come eventually, but I haven't upgraded to Lion yet and I want to but I am nervous to lose all of my pictures. I have a lot of important ones on there I don't want to lose and have heard stories of some users losing all the pictures.
I do have Time Machine and it does back up my pictures but if I upgrade to Lion and lets say the pictures do not transfer will I be able to recover them from the Time Machine as they will have been saved in Snow Leopard?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yes, in the highly unlikely event of losing your images you could get them back as long as they are backed up.

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Time machine restores work great; once I upgraded and restored, even the website I had on the browser at the time opened..no joke. Your computer will be left as it was at the moment of the time machine backup, that is if you do a full restore of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Time machine restores work great; once I upgraded and restored, even the website I had on the browser at the time opened..no joke. Your computer will be left as it was at the moment of the time machine backup, that is if you do a full restore of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could always extract the pictures as well without doing a full restore.

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
It went great! I had no problems or issues and I am loving the update! It even seems as if my battery lasts a little longers as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy