Aaaaaand, I'm jailbroken again.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Did BiteSMS stop working for anyone else? I am back to stock and I do not know why exactly. It was working yesterday, but now it looks like normal iOS5 when I receive a message with no quick reply. I even restored fresh and rejailbroke the phone to no avail.

Quick reply is no more :(

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now I put Quick Reply to SMS on it, and it still shows up stock best I can tell.. however, I noticed I can slide the SMS symbol to the right and it gives me a quick reply. Is that Bite or QuickReply?

Confusion.. lol :confused:

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Come to find out I must have slipped in a bitesms update last night and not noticed it.

Just glad it's working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ha, it is a little confusing at first?basically Quick Reply is now built into the regular Apple way of handling incoming SMS. Not everyone likes it, either; a lot of folks are complaining on the Bite forums.

I don't mind the slide to reply bit but I really miss Quick List and having an easy way to dismiss SMS I don't need to reply to.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
It threw me because it basically changed overnight lol

Now I feel silly for restoring hastily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I was the same way at first, trying to figure out why the hell QR refused to show up. I'm still up in the air about how I'm going to use it: leave Apple alerts on and slide to bring up QR at the lockscreen, or block popups and use LockInfo to launch QR. (I kind of have a thing about keeping my lockscreen uncluttered with popups.)

My favorite setup was always to block all popups except Bite, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that now and still get statusbar/LockInfo notifications for everything. (I can turn off the View in Lockscreen option but that seems to also turn off my statusbar notifications; or I can have View in Lockscreen set to ON and block popups with LockInfo, which is my current setup.) I'm guessing this will be solved when PopUp Blocker gets an iOS 5 update. But if anyone has a different way that works now I'm all ears.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well I'm JBen on iOS 5 and it is sweet to have my phone back to normal. The Lockscreen Clock Hide doesn't work :-( and I thought BiteSMS had issues so I didn't install it yet.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Annnnnnd....I'm restoring. My phone crashed to recovery mode this morning, not sure why yet. It wasn't even awake, and suddenly the Apple logo came up and it refused to boot tethered. I'm guessing a Winterboard issue but can't confirm.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
damn, that sucks. just another reason i am glad i am not using winterboard ( if that is indeed the culprit ) tethered or untethered, not gonna do it

are you going to re-jailbreak?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
yeah, I will. But without WB this time. Just my jb essentials: LockInfo, BiteSMS, Activator, SBSettings. (And maybe FakeClockUp.)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, restored and re-jailbroke and all seems fine so far...I'm a little wary of LockInfo now, though, after seeing Ashman's recent tweet:

I need to take a step back and work on iOS5 compatibility some more. I won't be releasing any more betas for a little while.

I assume he wouldn't leave users with a broken beta, but I wonder if he's running into unexpected issues. Anyway, just going to play it safe for now. I've got those five things I mentioned installed and will keep it light and see what happens.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Interesting...he tweeted that it might be related to something called widgettask. Maybe I was too quick to blame Winterboard after all. Still no issues though...I guess we'll see.

aaron130

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
There was an update on winterboard just yesterday and I tried a theme 2 days ago that only semi worked, meaning everything wasn't fully themed. After yesterday's update I decided to try the theme again and I'm happy to say my iPhone is FULLY themed. And I've also had ZERO problems with winterboard so far *knock on wood* Just an FYI.

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Everyone seems to have a good experience overall with the tethered JB. Is there anyone having a HORRIBLE experience? I've been JB'n for about an hour and EVERYTHING is crashing...regular apps and jailbroken. I don't know what to do!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77