3G toggle will be enabled on 4s 5.1 release!

kmichalec

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just curious (not being sarcastic). Just wondering why this is such a big deal to everyone? What are people doing with this, that I'm not getting? I've never had a need to use this, so I'm not sure why everyone was disappointed it was gone and happy that it now is back. Is it because I live in an area with a strong 3G signal, and other people don't, so they need to toggle this for some reason?

Just wondering...

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Say for instance you're at a sporting event like an nfl game and you can't get a text or a call to go thru with all the bandwidth being eaten up on 3G.... Switch to 2G(EDGE) and you'll be good to go since everyone is on the 3G towers

But at the same time if you're only in a 2G area shut it off and it never searches for 3G conserving tons of battery

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I have found 3G really sucks the life out of my battery (iP4s). On my iP4, I used to turn off 3G unless a really needed to do something quickly or what have you.

Believe me, that REALLY improved battery life.

I am usually connected via WiFi so the need to have 3G enabled for me is very low.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh my god yes! Finally I will have reception in my house again!

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

SlydWyz

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So, if I work in a building with poor reception as it is, and I toggle cell data off to save battery, will this mean I have to turn off 2 toggles now? Or will turning off 3G effectively turn off cell data as well?

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone answer. If turning 3G off in a location I get a poor sometimes No Service on my 4S. Would doing so possibly improve my reception?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone answer. If turning 3G off in a location I get a poor sometimes No Service on my 4S. Would doing so possibly improve my reception?

It'll put you on the slower edge network, but yes, it can help.

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
It'll put you on the slower edge network, but yes, it can help.

I'm on wifi there so data speed doesn't matter. It's was always a low signal location with my 3GS & 4 but the 4S it's way worse. Especially when the 4S will search for a signal after losing it for far longer the other iPhones. Am hoping this could help otherwise my only other option maybe something like a Microcell

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8