How's tmobile treating you?

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Earlier this year I made one of the best decisions and chose to leave Sprint. I ended up on T-Mobile with my iPhone 4 and never looked back the data speeds were great compared to what I was getting on sprint. I was getting anywhere from 1-5 mbs down which I never got not even once here in Miami from sprint on my iPhone 4. Now though I have a iPhone 5 from AT&T on tmobile and the data speeds have been extremely inconsistent. It says 4g but I'm always getting edge speeds, and in the few areas where LTE is up I'm getting 4g speeds.

Maybe this is just in Miami but how is tmobile in other places are you guys getting the same data or is it alot better?
Should I be patient? Because that $60 deal from AT&T is tempting especially now that they have added LTE to the plan.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Earlier this year I made one of the best decisions and chose to leave Sprint. I ended up on T-Mobile with my iPhone 4 and never looked back the data speeds were great compared to what I was getting on sprint. I was getting anywhere from 1-5 mbs down which I never got not even once here in Miami from sprint on my iPhone 4. Now though I have a iPhone 5 from AT&T on tmobile and the data speeds have been extremely inconsistent. It says 4g but I'm always getting edge speeds, and in the few areas where LTE is up I'm getting 4g speeds.

Maybe this is just in Miami but how is tmobile in other places are you guys getting the same data or is it alot better?
Should I be patient? Because that $60 deal from AT&T is tempting especially now that they have added LTE to the plan.

Sprint and T-Mobile both have terrible issues with data speeds and connectivity issues. Switching to ATT or Verizon is the only way to guarantee good connections and fast speeds.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say that tmobile has terrible issues with data but they have alot of room for improvement. Sprint on the other hand does not even deserve to be mentioned as a carrier. Their entire 3G network is the equivalent of edge everywhere so when you fall from their LTE your going back to Stone Age.

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
With the transition to LTE going on right now here in NYC (even if T-Mobile claims LTE is officially launched) my service has taken a nosedive. My phone has been rendered useless inside buildings and I watch it constantly jump from no service, to EDGE, to 4G and then LTE constantly. The downside of this is that the battery is destroyed pretty quick by all this jumping around. It was working great before all of this though.

Ed Perez

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I also just bought an unsubsidized AWS iPhone 5 a few nights ago and cut off my Sprint contract here in Austin, Texas, after complaining to customer service for their paltry "unlimited" data speeds. I can definitely say, without a doubt, that T-Mobile's network here in Central Austin is miles better than Sprints, even while on 4G HSPA+. LTE is spotty, but I don't really care, considering that I now have usable data in places where Sprint simply could not deliver. To top it all off, I am using the 100 minutes, 5GB plan which only costs me $30 a month. So far, I guess you could say that I am happy :rotfl:

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
With the transition to LTE going on right now here in NYC (even if T-Mobile claims LTE is officially launched) my service has taken a nosedive. My phone has been rendered useless inside buildings and I watch it constantly jump from no service, to EDGE, to 4G and then LTE constantly. The downside of this is that the battery is destroyed pretty quick by all this jumping around. It was working great before all of this though.

T-mobile has never been good for having service indoors. If i am correct because they use high frequency spectrum they might not ever get it either, because from what i read high frequency spectrum has poor building penetration. That is the reason why i think they are doing the massive overhaul of their network ( not including edge ) and trying to get more antennas up to at least make it consistent outdoors

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I also just bought an unsubsidized AWS iPhone 5 a few nights ago and cut off my Sprint contract here in Austin, Texas, after complaining to customer service for their paltry "unlimited" data speeds. I can definitely say, without a doubt, that T-Mobile's network here in Central Austin is miles better than Sprints, even while on 4G HSPA+. LTE is spotty, but I don't really care, considering that I now have usable data in places where Sprint simply could not deliver. To top it all off, I am using the 100 minutes, 5GB plan which only costs me $30 a month. So far, I guess you could say that I am happy :rotfl:

Good to hear that you canceled your contract with sprint. I had them aswell for an agonizing 3 years before i left for t-mobile. I will say that the Lte is spotty in my area as well but they did just announce it. I know for a fact two that, that long list of cites they announced was not completely built out. More than likely they covered the hot spots and tourist traps and just "launched" a city as having Lte. I have a at&t iphone and am wondering should i stay with magenta or go to at&t now that they have the new $60 prepaid plan which seems to go toe to toe with magentas plan.... + they have way better coverage

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

Being a long time T-Mobile customer and knows a little about the Network I can tell you what your issue is. You said you had a AT&T iPhone 4 which means you will only be able to get fast 3G speeds from T-Mobile if you are in one of their refarmed 1900 areas. The refarmed areas are multiplying more and more. If you traded your iPhone 4 in for the 5S you would be able to get all their HSPA+ Networks and of course the LTE. So the inconsistent speeds and jumping to edge is because you are entering and leaving the refarmed areas. I live in a suburb of Boston in a refarmed and LTE area. I get all HSPA+ and LTE networks and my speeds are faster, much faster than all of the US Carriers. I have tried them all. In my area T-Mobile is the fastest and get great service. I suggest you should at least try the 5S in your area, you might just be very suprised and very happy. If the refarmed area is close to you the T-Mobile HSPA+ and LTE must be strong in your area. Good Luck

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've got both a Boost Mobile (Subsidiary of Sprint) and T-Mobile line. Hands down that T-Mobile wins in the city. However, when I go to suburban areas, that's when my BM phone gets great data speeds. In Castroville and the smaller outlying towns (Lytle, Hondo, Devine, Pleasington, etc), I get upwards of 15GB+while my T-Mobile phone is on Edge.

?Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711