Does anyone use there iPhone as there main camera?

KidKid99

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering cause I've have found myself not even carrying my camera anymore. It used to be one of my main things that I would leave my home with. Now with my iPhone is with me and takes some great pictures better then my $400 camera that I paid for.

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I use mine cause it's always with and readily accessible!! My digital camera is packed away somewhere in the house lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
The camera in the 4s is a big reason I made it my first iOS phone. It takes pretty good pictures. I'm a one device carrying guy anyway.

mxlogic

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I took all my pictures this Christmas holiday with my iPhone! I did notice though that the 4s still took a lot of red eyes pictures even though it was "improved" from the 4. I don't like the edit function much because it makes the eyes "unnatural" at times. I know it's not going to be a perfect edit, but just an observation.

Last edited:

anon(4738177)

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
iPhone as primary camera? not a chance!

I've got a Sony NEX-C3 I use for most of my photography needs-- the quality of any phone just doesn't even compare, much less the composition abilities (depth of field control? not on a phone!).

However, I do appreciate being able to whip my iPhone out and take a decent pic when I don't have a real camera with me!

andrewshah

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
My 4s has replaced my digital camera. With apps like Camera+ and Photogrne that offer image stabilization, I can take better looking pictures than my 10 megapixel Nikon point and shoot!

Skier1960

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes!! Not as good as my digital, but only by a hair. For the difference I never carry the digital. I use the 4s to comb my hair, wash my face, brush my teeth, drive my car for me etc etc...

PS: It's not aloud to date my girlfriend........

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Yes. I've never owned a camera. My wife has a canon powershot something or other but I've always used my cell phones as my main camera. Love the quality of the 4S!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I rarely take out my Nikon anymore. Last time I used it was October for a football game. Can't beat a good telephoto lens for sports photography, but anything else your iPhone 4S is excellent.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
I have two schools of thought on this topic.

For point and shoot tasks, the iPhone has completely replaced my old P&S camera. The image quality of the 4S is good enough for that kind of shooting, the video is absolutely amazing, and the small size and the fact that it just so happens to be attached to my phone make it a no-brainer.

But for creative work, I still use my DLSR because of the additional features and control it offers me. I enjoy doing a lot of night photography, which just isn't possible with the iPhone; not even the 4S. Plus the ability to change lenses for different purposes with a DSLR is just not possible with an iPhone. Plus the iPhone won't work with my programmable intervelometer :D

Each have their uses, but the iPhone is definitely a solid point and shoot.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My 4S goes everywhere with me, so yes, it is definitely used as my main camera.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Between my 4GS and my new iPad, I don't remember the last time I took a picture with a normal camera. My iPhone has been great documenting damage that was done to our house from a water heater that leaked all over.

Knurpsi

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't own a normal digital camera, so I use my phone cam all the time.
Only when I wanna get real artsy, I use my dad's DSLR. :)

Joebin

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I gave up my Canon DSLR to my 19-year old, and I'm iPhone 4 only. My wife has a Canon Elph but it's been sitting in the drawer for a while now, especially now with iCloud. No more plugging in the camera to upload to iPhoto. We live near Disneyland here in SoCal. Once I could just carry one device instead of 2 it was a done deal. When I had an iPhone 3Gs the quality was good enough to go with one camera for fun family shots. iPhone 4 is considerably better than the 3Gs and getting closer in quality to the point-n-shoots out there... and just waiting for the 5 to come out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77