Map66.87.73.208 I jailbroke my 32gb iPhone 5s and constantly get this posix error

bakerman1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I jailbroke my 32gb iPhone 5s and constantly get this error. I can't load any tweaks and I have the new cydia substrate installed :/ wondering if I should restore as new iPhone, jailbreak again, and then load my stuff back on to fix it. Thoughts?

Ken

Mossberg

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I believe that error is because of some of the sources servers are down/offline/bogged down, etc. It should clear up once they're all up and running.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Just because mobile substrate is updated for iOS 7 you still need to wait for the apps/tweaks to get updated before anything will work. Very few tweaks are iOS 7 compatible

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
The POSIX error is caused by a bad repo not making a connection with the new jailbreak. Go to Cydia> Manage>sources. Usually the bad repo is the one with the "?" thumbnail next to it. In my case it was an old redsn0w repo that I deleted and corrected the issue immediately.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The POSIX error is caused by a bad repo not making a connection with the new jailbreak. Go to Cydia> Manage>sources. Usually the bad repo is the one with the "?" thumbnail next to it. In my case it was an old redsn0w repo that I deleted and corrected the issue immediately.

You've used the term "bad" very loosely. You identified the problem when you pointed out "not making a connection." Others in the thread have done the same. The solution is generally to wait a day or two. See if the problem still exists. Keep in mind, when things like the substrate update hit on a new jailbreak, servers get slammed. The effect is similar to a DOS attack. In these cases, some servers are knocked offline. Some are unable to respond. You'll see errors like these on "good" repos. Deleting the repo is a bit premature.

As r_diddy pointed out, there are several stages to a jailbreak. The first is devs find exploits. The second is Saurik updates the programming backbone for tweak developers. The third is developers update their code to work well with the new iOS and hardware. Typically, the first is released in at least a tethered environment for Saurik and developers. This makes the steps appear seamless to the masses. In this case, the first step was released in advance of the first two. Saurik has worked to get the second step finished. Now, individual tweaks must be updated by their developers. One way to watch this is to read the description in tweaks. Most currently say up to iOS6. Watch for compatibility in the description as you update. Restoring your device doesn't change what external servers or developers are doing.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, I guess I offered him the simplified solution...lol. All that other stuff is beyond my level of comprehension.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

sclambe

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I also had this problem and some told me to delete Ultrasn0w. I did do this and this solved my problem........ No more Posix error

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I guess I offered him the simplified solution...lol. All that other stuff is beyond my level of comprehension.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

It's actually the more complex solution. If there's nothing in that repo they'd ever want to install, they'd never see another impact. But, they'd still be doing work now versus ignoring a harmless warning. If they want something from the repo at a later date, they'd have to learn how to add the repo after likely being frustrated they were unable to find the package through the search.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2