iPhone 3GS No Service after Jailbreak and Unlock on 6.1.3

elkodelko

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
So, recently it was working but i'd say after my summer has ended around 2 weeks ago, my phone has been getting no service. I restored it and that's when it lost the service.. So i redid the jailbreak watched tons of videos.
I am on Firmware 05.13.04, i've downloaded ultrasn0w and some HandcentSMS program that people say help, which didn't do jack for me yet. I was also wondering do i download the ultrasn0w fixer 6.1? A lot of videos say yes and no, well i've tried both and still dont work. I also have the old bootrom, so any ideas how to get it back up and running for T-Mobile? Any suggestions appreciated.
Also, I might not have jailbroke it yet and im new to this website if someone could guide me or give me a proper link so i could try again i'd very much appreciate it.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Umm? Yes I've paid the bill lol.

I meant no disrespect, but you'd e surprised at the things we discover. Having said that, and knowing that your lack of service is not related to an unpaid bill, I will leave this up to those familiar with jailbreaking to possibly shed some light on this matter. Take care...:)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
If you have access to Cydia, you're jailbroken. Try removing both uktrasn0w and handscent, reboot, install ultrasn0w and reboot, not a respring.

chad409

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
So, recently it was working but i'd say after my summer has ended around 2 weeks ago, my phone has been getting no service. I restored it and that's when it lost the service.. So i redid the jailbreak watched tons of videos.
I am on Firmware 05.13.04, i've downloaded ultrasn0w and some HandcentSMS program that people say help, which didn't do jack for me yet. I was also wondering do i download the ultrasn0w fixer 6.1? A lot of videos say yes and no, well i've tried both and still dont work. I also have the old bootrom, so any ideas how to get it back up and running for T-Mobile? Any suggestions appreciated.
Also, I might not have jailbroke it yet and im new to this website if someone could guide me or give me a proper link so i could try again i'd very much appreciate it.

I'm in a similar situation just like u. Old bootrom iPhone 3gs. The reason its not unlockable is because modem firmware 5.13.04 is not supported on iOS 6.1.3 . I jus found that out a few minutes ago. The only solutions are either upgrade the baseband to 6.15.00 and re-install ultrasnow or purchase an imei or factory unlock my friend. I hope this helped

salman004

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

The following solution worked for me. (Actually it was a long process that took about 48 hours to complete; but I'm describing the last 2 hours, where lies the solution).

Step 1: Restore your iphone 3gs to 6.1.3 using iTunes. (You can either download the ipsw from elsehwere and shift restore or do the simple restore from itunes. In case you are struck with some errors, either repeat the restore process a few times; and it that is not working download iReb and enter DFU mode and then try restore from itunes again).

Step 2: Download Redsnow 9.15b3 and also iOS 6.0 for 3gs (available in lot of sites, google and find out).

Step 3: Right click redsnow exe file, choose windows xp sp3 compbatibility mode, and then run as administrator

Step 4: In RS, first click extras and click select IPSW, and chose iOS 6.0 that you downloaded in step 2. (even if you are trying to work on iOS 6.1.3). (You'll be asked whether you're on old bootroom or new bootroom, choose accordingly, if you dont know install forecast from ultrasnow and find out which bootroom you're in)

Step 5: Click back, and then choose jailbreak, and select install cydia and upgrade to ipad baseband and click next. (ipad baseband doesnt work for newer 3gs after a certain version. It will prompt you, ensure that your 3gs is compatible and will work with ipad baseband).

Step 6: Follow redsnow DFU instructions starting from switching off your iphone religiously as mentioned in the instructions. (Don't interpret it yourselves, just do as instructed).

Step 7: RS will fetch bb, the device will jailbreak and flash bb etc. and this will take approx. 10-15 minutes. (Relax. It is working, although there is no sign of it in the initial phase where RS is fetching files). Your device will be rebooted, but there would be no cydia. Dont panic, actually you dont even need to open your device (But if you are curious to know what is inside, you can go to settings and find that you're running ios 6.1.3 on bb 6.15)

Step 8: What you should actually do is that go back in RS, then click extras, then just boot (if you had quit RS before, ensure that you select IPSW 6.0 from where you downloaded early - Step 4). Once you do just boot, follow DFU instructions and wait for RS to finish. Now your device will have cydia as well. But wait, few more steps remain. (You can actually skip step 9 and go to step 10 directly for untethering and unlocking, but step 9 is suggested as it is the best format your iphone 3gs can currently have. If you skip step 9 your device will still work, but is susceptible to 1. erroneous GPS, 2. Failing network. 3. Bad battery life).

Step 9: Come back to RS, now select IPSW (as in step 4), and then go to jailbreak, click only downgrade baseband option. Follow DFU instructions again. Once done, you'll have iOS 6.1.3 with bb 5.13.04 (you can see in settings, general, about). But you're not yet unlocked yet (i.e. it still shows no service).

Step 10: Before you unlock, first load cydia and and update it (you can do it by going to changes, then refresh, then confirm; finally reboot). Now, first search for p0sixspwn and install (so that you're in untethered jailbreak; until this step you had tethered JB).

Step 11. Now, go to Cydia again and search and install ultrasn0w. Respring the device (I suggest you reboot manually as well, slide to power off and then switch on; although this is not mandatory). Insert a SIM Card of your choice. The status will be searching for a while (from approx. 1-5 minutes), but dont panic. You'll be delighted to find a 3GS with full functionality in a while :)

Cheers!
Salman

Last edited:

ananthatyr

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Request Base band 06.15.0 downgrade for Jailbroaken iPhone 3gs iOS6.1.3

My already unlocked iPhone 3gs was updated to iOS6.1.3 and failed to boot. Last week I did jailbreak my iPhone 3gs (New Bootrom) with redsnOw latest version and iOS 6.0, and then using the 'Just Boot' option in DFU mode successfully completed tethered jailbreak and Cydia installed. Then I installed ultrasnOw, SHSH. iPhone 3gs was untethered using POsixspwn and now my iPhone 3gs is without any other issues except 'No Service'. My iPhone 3gs base band is 06.15.00. I have already tried to downgrade base band and failed to boot because I wrongly opted for the version used for iphone 3gs Old Bootrom devices and my iPhone failed to boot and then restored everything again . Please help me to downgrade my base band to bring back SIM Service again. Thank you in advance.

sderl

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Request Base band 06.15.0 downgrade for Jailbroaken iPhone 3gs iOS6.1.3

Ok From what Ive read salman004 answer will work for a 3GS made prior to 34th week of 2011

salman004 can you confirm this?

If you use this method on an iphone made after 34th week of 2011 it will brick your phone.

I have a 3GS 6.1.3 with bb 05.16.08 made after 34th week of 2011 and everything ive read says it will brick if you change the baseband.

JunJun Viola

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Im just trying to share my thoughts :p Try to download this requirements :

Redsn0w 15b3
RedSn0w 0.9.6b5 | RedSnow.ru

Itunes
Download iTunes 10.6.3 (32-bit) - FileHippo.com

Find On This site the iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw
Download iOS Firmware (IPSW) Files for iPhone

After downloading those requirements you need to finish first the itunes then open redsn0w go for extra's then go to select ipsw then click the Ipsw What you downloaded just yes and yes cause it will asked you by redsn0w then click just boot after that the information going to do is in redsn0w follow the redsn0w that redsn0w says

IXION33

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for this post mate ;)
I was 2 week without service looking for the solution and with your instructions i finished in 1 hour
Thans for sharing <3

Pr Abid

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I already jailbroken my iphone 3gs ios 6.1.6 bb 05.16.08, also untethered, but the problem is it still says sim invalid and shows no service. I don't know what else to do. Help please?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2