Serious problem with iphone- can someone help please :(

whiteyhd

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I've been trying for 7 hours solid to find a solution to my problem but nothing is working, so I was wondering if anyone has any direct advice, which would be so so welcome!

Basically, I jailbroke my iphone 4S with evasi0ns 6.0/6.1 patch two days ago whilst on holiday just to get some updates as a user and to get games like gameboy roms to pass the time on trains. However this morning I came back from holiday and as I was installing a theme, my iphone got stuck on the apple logo and has remained a dimly lit apple logo (I was ironically installing a theme for the boot up logo). Usually there are solutions to this but i'm in a particularly tricky situation, so i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Here is where things get difficult and standard stuff doesn't work:

1) i don't want to reset or use recovery/DFU as i have a lot of pictures on there I don't want to lose as i haven't backed them up yet since i just came back. Im not fussed about losing the jailbreak as I know i can get it back if i have to go to 6.1.3, i just really don't want to lose any of my pictures or contacts on my phone and don't have access to any back ups.
2) the holding the volume thing to get into safe mode doesn't work for some reason, it just goes bright logo and then dimly lit again and stays like that
3) I don't think i have SSH as its only a recent jailbreak and I hadn't gotten round to installing it, and ifunbox doesn't appear to be working (although I don't know how to use it at all)

those are all fairly standard, but heres where i get particularly stuck:
1) I don't have access to my own laptop currently as I cant get access to my house for over a week and i really need a phone in the next day or two- I only have my gfs laptop which has had my phone plugged in before and my friends laptop
2) I tried letting it run out of battery and then turning it back on, but now the other itunes wont read it because it is apparantely locked and I cannot unlock it because I can't get access to my iphone.

So overall I'm lost and have absolutely no clue what I can do to fix it :( If anyone has anything they think that could get my phone working soon again without me having to lose everything, that would be amazing!

Thank you so much to everyone who tries to help me out here,

Whitey

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
once my ipad was also stuck at the apple logo and back then i didnt know about DFU mode. so i basically kept my ipad as it is for 2-3 days.. once the battery got completely discharged, i plugged my ipad to power source and it worked again fine for me. so if no other option is left, and u can wait for some time then u may try this

whiteyhd

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
that doesnt work I'm afraid, I've already let it run out of battery twice and then see if that would help, and it was actually the first thing I did :p I think thats actually why I'm having the password problem on it- since it shut down and turned on again without being unlocked for the first time. SI yeah, that solution didn't give me any hope :/

whiteyhd

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Nope, that doesn't work- it was actually the first thing I tried. It would turn on, go to a bright apple logo, and then turn into a dim apple logo and just stay as that :/

dizniz314

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Afraid your going to have to restore mate. Do you have iCloud backup on? There also is the possibility that any back up you use may have the same flaw in iOS. If this reoccurs you may need to start with a fresh iOS and then bring your stuff back manually. Best of Luck:yes:

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Afraid your going to have to restore mate. Do you have iCloud backup on? There also is the possibility that any back up you use may have the same flaw in iOS. If this reoccurs you may need to start with a fresh iOS and then bring your stuff back manually. Best of Luck:yes:

Let's not make your first post be counterproductive. Backups won't bring back iOS flaws. Restoring is a last option, not the first thing you suggest. iCloud backups are irrelevant in every possible way for their situation.

Try this:
Boot Loop Tip

Recently many people have fallen prey to the boot loop issue after installing a jailbreak tweak. The phone reboots, Apple logo shows up then goes dim and reboots. You can access your file system via SSH but cannot get into safe mode. I suffered this problem along with many others and it seems Cydia dev @saurik had received tons of emails on how to fix the problem. Luckily there is a fix where you need to remove two files on your device so your springboard can reload its file system.

First you need to SSH into the file system and find these 2 files
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

Once you find them don't delete them just in case ;)
change them to
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore.bak
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist.bak

This basically renders them invisible, you can go and delete them later, always good to keep a backup :)

Once you have changed the name reboot.
Upon reboot you will notice all your stock apps are there and your installed cydia apps but NO appstore apps.
DONT PANIC :)

Just sit back and chill as iOS will slowly rebuild your apps on the springboard. I have over 300 apps on mine so it took a couple of minutes.
Once all your apps are showing go into Cydia and remove the offending tweak. Should work perfect.

Then go back into iFile and removed the files you changed to .bak.

You can also use this method if you have jailbroken your device and Siri stops opening apps.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
@natasftw

Just curious.
For the boot loop solution, would you need to have Terminal or something similar installed on the iDevice, PC or Mac?
(for access to SSH files)

whiteyhd

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I've seen that before but there's one problem with that- I don't have Open SSH installed on my phone because I hadn't gotten round to it as it was a recent jailbreak. Unless is there a way to SSH without the programme already installed?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Programs like iexplorer, ifunbox, etc let you get the same functionality through a cable instead of ssh.

You don't need ssh installed.

Lozi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Before using the volume up method did you long press the power and home button together in order to cause a hard reboot?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Before using the volume up method did you long press the power and home button together in order to cause a hard reboot?

A hard reboot is functionally equivalent to turning the phone off and back on. If the power has been depleted until the phone turned off and they recharged, the hard reboot won't offer any more benefit.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2