Help: Endless Boot Loop

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
After installing a Cydia package update, by jailbroken iPhone 4s ended up in the dreaded enless reboot loop. My phone reboots before I cann even get pastslider lock.

I can get into DFU Mode, but iTunes will allow me only to update to iOS 5.1 and I'd obviously like to stay jailbroken as I had a bunch of Cydia stuff on my phone, Is there anything I can do to reinstall iOS 5.0.1 to re-jailbreak? I've tried everything else short of going to 5.1 that I can think of. Any help would be appreciated. I need to have my phone for business, so time is of the essence for me!

Help!:confused:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
After installing a Cydia package update, by jailbroken iPhone 4s ended up in the dreaded enless reboot loop. My phone reboots before I cann even get pastslider lock.

I can get into DFU Mode, but iTunes will allow me only to update to iOS 5.1 and I'd obviously like to stay jailbroken as I had a bunch of Cydia stuff on my phone, Is there anything I can do to reinstall iOS 5.0.1 to re-jailbreak? I've tried everything else short of going to 5.1 that I can think of. Any help would be appreciated. I need to have my phone for business, so time is of the essence for me!

Help!:confused:

Download a program onto your computer called iFunBox, it's saved me a couple times from the same problem. Once you have it open it should be able to read what's on the phone before it reboots again and you should be to find the offending package and delete it. Then try to manually reboot it and it should be fine.

You can also try holding down the home and power button until the phone reboots which has also fixed these problems for me.

What was the the program that caused the problem btw??

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm bumming. I had to "upgrade" to 5.1, Nothing else worked and I needed the phone.

The reboot loop started after I installed the update to SafariHome. (or Home Page for Safari or something) and tried unsuccessfully to reinstall CameraLock (to ad 5.1 style camera button to lockscreen).

Now I have to find a way to reinstall 5.0.1. This sucks.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
well you're going to be bummed even more. currently, all A5 users cannot go back to 5.0.1. there is a process in the works but i do not know the stipulations

so it's looks like you, and 1000's of others, are going to have to wait for a A5 5.1 jailbreak. if you believe that there will be a second coming of Christ, you might see that happen first

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you're right. 5.1 seems to run a little quicker and the camera button on the lockscreen is nice (ironically I was adding this via a Cydia package when my iPhone crashed) but I really miss IntelliscreenX, BiteSMS, MailEnhancer, and the 5 icon dock.

I really hope the untethered jailbreak in on it's way, or at least the downgrade to 5.0.1 we've been hearing about using Appticket. The sooner the better.

This really sucks.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rfdu2r
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77