How to jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0 & 5.0.1 (Windows - CLI Method)

drd2010

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
After 6+ attempts, I'm still trying. This is crazy! How long does it take for the backup to be created after entering " cinject.exe -j"? Should I have install on the phone before that point, because that's what I did?

tino72

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried acouple times and couldnt get anything working i will wait til the one click is out, this is just too much trouble to fiddle with..restoring, backing up ,Vpn issues, rebooting..No thanks:eek::confused: Nevermind its finally available thru one click with absinthe:D:p

Last edited:

Scooter2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Iphone 4s went great. took a little more Ipad 2

My Iphone 4s went great. 1,2,3 done. My ipad2 ran into the file too large. I had to wipe the reset the ipad, but instead of restoring in Itunes I setup it up as a brand new ipad2. Then ran it again, 1,2,3 done. worked great. I think once you have the 1266 file too large error this is the only way to get it to work. You will have to install all your apps again, but it's work it. good luck all. :D

drd2010

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this is just too much. Just ried for the eighth time and still nothing. Definitely waiting until the 1-click Absinthe is out. This is crazy. I'm assuming it's going to be a few days before it is out, too. Based on the tweet Pod2G put on Twitter that he was going skiing this weekend. :/

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
cimject_0.4.3 -j payloads I get the following:

Creating backup...
5210 files backed up
Adding custom com.apply.ipsec.plist to backup
Restoring...
recv: Bad file descriptor
FATAL(_LINE_): Assertion failed <1266>: got == sizeof<size>

Please advise.:confused:

I kept getting the same thing until I restored the phone.

tino72

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, this is just too much. Just ried for the eighth time and still nothing. Definitely waiting until the 1-click Absinthe is out. This is crazy. I'm assuming it's going to be a few days before it is out, too. Based on the tweet Pod2G put on Twitter that he was going skiing this weekend. :/

its out now

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I assume everything i did was right which is weird i usually encounter some problems. under general settings below accessibility and above reset are you suppose to have a profile that reads jailbreak?

drd2010

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
YAY! So, I downloaded Absinthe for Windows, but it keeps having an unexpected error halfway through and has to close. Would there be any reason why?

EDIT: I tried to use Absinthe on my laptop, instead of desktop, and it worked flawlessly. I am now a proud owner of a jailbroken iPhone 4S! Cydia, here I come!

Last edited:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Guys, if you're having issues with the VPN, try resetting all your network settings. If that still doesn't work, you'll probably need to do a full software restore and THEN jailbreak again. Not sure what's causing the issue but resetting network settings seems to fix it for some. For those it's not working for, a full restore seems to work.

AnonymousUser

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Cannot get either to work?

Well, some of us aren't so lucky I guess.

I tried both Greenpois0n & Redsn0w and neither of them are working.

On Redsn0w, I keep getting error messages after error messages. Tried rebooting the iPhone a couple of times, & even changed ports... All resulted in nothing. I can't keep unplugging & replugging my iPhone 4S, as it will wear down the battery.

On Absinthe, I got as far as the bar 1/2 way across the screen saying Preparing to Jailbreak, yet, I have a VPN selector now & the Absinthe app on the phone. I click it, it says "Absinthe is now setting things up, please stand-by..." which remains for over 15 minutes with no change.

I try on my laptop, & every time I try, I get the "absinthe.exe has stopped working/Close program" pop-up.

I even rebooted the iPhone 4S and everything, still nothing.

-----------------------------------------------

UPDATE:
After restoring the network settings Ally mentioned, it finally took the Redsn0w, & that gave me the Cydia & Jailbreak. FINALLY! I have jailbroken every iPhone I have ever used, & root every Android I have ever used... this was easy once restoring the network settings... Thanks Ally!

However, when I go to try to install apps from Cydia, the search results are non-existent & others that are recommended say that I need to add more repos bc the one needed wasn't found, when I checked & they were. The app I went for was TheBigBoss repo, & it was installed.

Last edited:

folgrz

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, some of us aren't so lucky I guess.

I tried both Greenpois0n & Redsn0w and neither of them are working.

On Redsn0w, I keep getting error messages after error messages. Tried rebooting the iPhone a couple of times, & even changed ports... All resulted in nothing. I can't keep unplugging & replugging my iPhone 4S, as it will wear down the battery.

On Absinthe, I got as far as the bar 1/2 way across the screen saying Preparing to Jailbreak, yet, I have a VPN selector now & the Absinthe app on the phone. I click it, it says "Absinthe is now setting things up, please stand-by..." which remains for over 15 minutes with no change.

I try on my laptop, & every time I try, I get the "absinthe.exe has stopped working/Close program" pop-up.

I even rebooted the iPhone 4S and everything, still nothing.

This is the same exact thing that's happening to me! Screw this jailbreak crap I'm over it

AnonymousUser

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Well to those having the repo problems I had, after rebooting my iPhone I found the repos were added & loaded.

Now, for some reason, when I go to open Safari or App Store, both look to load, then they close out & send me back out to the Springboard (Home Screen).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or is this just a glitch? I read somewhere that missing icons was a glitch, but I didn't see anything about non-functioning apps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77