redneck1974

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guy's and girl's, i found a step by step earlier and can't find it now I have a iphone 3g on vesion 4.2.1 and modem firmware 05.15.04. I need to unlock it to switch providers. I guess i need to jailbreak and unlock. can some one help me with the info. My head is sore from reading so much, just got confused and nervous. Oh and a question, does the sim card need to be removed before i begin, this is one thing i never read. thanks for the help. A trusted link would be appreciated

redneck1974

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
yes i have but it is a little hard to understand the lingo. I just heard about this 3 day's ago, i have but a dozen hours trying to figure this out so i don't kill my phone, or i should say my wife's phone. So from that sticky, do i upgrade from 05.15.04 to 6.what ever or just leave it and to i use redsnow? i had found a good step by step with pictures to help but i hit the wrong button and can't seem to navigate back to it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes you have to download redsnow and the 4.2.1 Ipsw

Jailbreak your 3G then after its done redo the same process and this time in redsnow only check upgrade baseband this will upgrade to 6.15.00
FYI
This is not reversible and your iPhone will always have to be JB and you can not restore using iTunes to ever restore you will have to use a custom Ipsw

After that's complete download ultrasnow in Cydia to unlock your phone.

Also check out the jailbreak guide on
Www.iclairified.com

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2