Trying to understand!

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have everything I need to JB. But my question is I keep reading on how to in JB if I needed to, do I just hook in to iTunes and just restore to fresh, and do I need to be in DFU mode. Thanks in advance!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
In order for us to help you we need a little more info than that.

Are you on Windows or Mac?
What model of phone do you have 3G, 3Gs, iPhone 4?
What firmware is on the phone now?
Do you need to unlock?
What firmware version are you planning on Jailbreaking?
What method of Jailbreak are you planning to do? redsn0w, Sn0wbreeze,etc

Unlock - Using the phone on a carrier it was not made to be used with ie. using an AT&T iPhone on T-Mo

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about that, I have a Verizon iPhone 4, I'm on 4.2.8. I don't need to unlock just JB. I have windows 7. I have Snowbreeze 2.7 and have the 4.2.8 ipsw from Felix ready to go.

I just wanted to know if I JB and for some reason needed to take my phone in for warranty or something can I take the JB off by just hooking to iTunes and hitting the restore button, and do I have to be in DFU mode in iTunes.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, if you want to restore to factory, just hook up to iTunes and click on restore. That will wipe out any traces of the jailbreak. I've done it on my 3GS when I needed to take it to the Apple Store and it worked flawlessly.

The only time you wouldn't be able to do so is if you upgrade the baseband to the iPad baseband. Since that is for unlockers, you wouldn't ever have to do that (can't unlock a cdma phone, and even if you could you wouldn't be able to activate it on another carrier).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Exactly what he said ^^^^ though sometimes, rarely, you will end up in a situation where hooking up to iTunes and clicking restore will give you an error all you have to do is put the phone into DFU mode and restore. You will need to put the phone in DFU mode to JB with Sn0wbreeze anyway so you'll see just how simple it is to do, it does take some practice but it's relatively simple.

mwohrlin

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like all you need to do at this point is:

1. Hook up your iphone to your PC and power it off
2. Hold down the power button and home button for 10 seconds.
3. Release the power button but keep holding home button for an additional 10 seconds.
4. You are now in DFU mode.
5. Go to itunes and click on your device on the left side.
6. Hold shift and left click on restore.
7. Navigate to the snowbreeze file that you created. Usually its on the desktop.
8. Let it do its thing and your done.

Thats what I did and it worked flawlessly.

Good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2