Another question by the easily confused

Loganbro

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3Gs previously jailbroken and unlocked. I think I have correctly installed the pwnage, although upon closer examination (natually after the fact) the directions here- technobuzz.net/jailbreak-iphone-3gs-3-1-pwnagetool-3-1-3 are done using the "Expert Mode", while I used the one most fitting for me, "Simple".

After going through the process as directed by the pwnage download and restoring my phone, looking at my iTunes screen it says my phone is running 3.0 and an update is available. For the moment I chose not to do anything further and checked the status of the phone; still jailbroke and unlocked with no problems using ATT or my Telcel chips.

Do I download the update from iTunes or from somewhere else, or is it already updated by what I've done and just not being recognized by iTunes?

Thanks for any help and feel free to throw any abuse or condescending post my way as I doubt I don't deserve it. :D

DaPeeps

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
was ur phone previously broken with 3.0? it sounds like you may have used the wrong firmware to pwn. I would try the process again, and make sure that you are using the correct firmware. Maybe try a different link.

Those directions you listed are correct...thats how I jailbroke 3 different 3GS's....I used simple mode like you did.

Loganbro

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Further inspection reveals that I've done something right (or aleast done something), in that when logged onto Cydia "This device has a 3.1 ECDI SHSH on file" reads near the top of the screen.

So has my phone been updated to 3.1, or is it now set so that I can update via iTunes without worry of losing jailbreak and unlock?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Neither. It just means your ECDI is on file with Cydia so in case you update you can roll back if necessary.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77