Upgrading official 2.2.1 firmware to jailbroken 3.0

Jake13220

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I apologize in advance if this has already been asked, but I currently have a 1G iPod Touch and am looking to get the 3.0 software. I have had no problems jailbreaking in the past, and have done it 3 times so its not a technical problem, but I need to know if I can use redsn0w to upgrade my firmware. Since I have official 2.2.1 software, can I load the IPSW for jailbroken 3.0 into redsn0w and let it go to work on the 2.2.1, or will I brick the darn thing? Someone please help.

Nexus_

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I have a similar question, also sitting on 2.2.1 jailbroken fw, but with the 2G iTouch. Everywhere I look there're tutorials for iPhone 3.0 jailbraking, is it the same procedure for iTouch? As far as I understand, I need a 3.0 official fw before i can do the jailbreaking, but I don't want to pay to be able to install it via iTunes. Any suggestions? Tnx in advance!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I apologize in advance if this has already been asked, but I currently have a 1G iPod Touch and am looking to get the 3.0 software. I have had no problems jailbreaking in the past, and have done it 3 times so its not a technical problem, but I need to know if I can use redsn0w to upgrade my firmware. Since I have official 2.2.1 software, can I load the IPSW for jailbroken 3.0 into redsn0w and let it go to work on the 2.2.1, or will I brick the darn thing? Someone please help.

Update to 3.0 before jailbreaking.