Is anyone else experiencing excessive battery drainage after upgrading to iOS 15?

kixazz

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
I have an iPhone 11 Pro and just upgraded to iOS15 and am experiencing significant battery drain. I went from 100% to 20% in 3-4 hours. I have an apple extended battery too which was charged about 70 percent and if I include that as well I went through that and 80% of the phone battery in 5-6 hours. The only thing I can see using a significant amount of battery is Spotify where I was streaming music to Sonos. But that has never caused an issue like this. I have never had a battery issue like this before upgrading.

Can someone please help!!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can see using a significant amount of battery is Spotify where I was streaming music to Sonos. But that has never caused an issue like this.

I have an iPhone X, not iPhone 11, but, FWIW, when the Sonos app is set to show music controls on the Lock Screen, it kills my battery quickly. (This has been ongoing, not just with iOS 15.)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 11 Pro and just upgraded to iOS15 and am experiencing significant battery drain. I went from 100% to 20% in 3-4 hours. I have an apple extended battery too which was charged about 70 percent and if I include that as well I went through that and 80% of the phone battery in 5-6 hours. The only thing I can see using a significant amount of battery is Spotify where I was streaming music to Sonos. But that has never caused an issue like this. I have never had a battery issue like this before upgrading.

Can someone please help!!

I’ve been using iOS 15 since June and my battery life has been stellar.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I had spectacular battery life on iOS 15, beta 8. iOS 15 GM and iOS 15.1, beta 1 have been less than stellar. Hoping iOS 15.1, beta 2 is better.

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
i thought that was the only in here with IOS 15.1 and battery drainage at the same app and kik messenger unusable also, i heard at Spotify forums that are watching the problem of Spotify excessive battery drainage after of update to IOS 15.1 and also in other phone but with Android happens the same with Spotify gets the battery quick flat

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2