New to iPhone - questions about iTunes Sync

ituleb

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello - I am new to iPhone 4S (Verizon) so these questions may be dumb, so please be patient with me. First is question with music syncing via iCloud and iTunes Match.

I have a PC and downloaded iTunes match on my iTunes account. Went through the whole process, then enabled iTunes Match sync on my iPhone.

All of my music showed up and appears to play with no problem - but next to the majority of my songs is this iCloud icon that when you click wants to download the song to your device. Unless I'm missing something - aren't they already there on the device due to iTunes match? Am I missing something here? Some songs have the icon and some don't.

Thanks!

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
The cloud icon indicates that the song is in your iTunes Match library, but has not been downloaded to the iPhone. Just tap the icon and the song will be downloaded and playable.

Conversely, if you want to delete songs from your iPhone (to free up space, for example), just swipe left-to-right on the song title. It will be removed from your iPhone, but will still be available to download from iTunes Match in the future.

If you want only downloaded songs to appear in your iTunes library on the iPhone, go to Settings>Music>iTunes Match ON>Show All Music OFF.

Reactions: FendrGuitPlayr

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2