Anybody getting an Xr?

m_thoroughbred

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd say go look at it. This Tweet is by a YouTuber who is very critical about phone displays: "Yeah, #iPhoneXR pixel density is a non-issue. If you had and enjoyed the iPhone 8 it’s the same ppi. And side by side with my XS I have to hold it close to my face to tell. I can definitely tell but no one will care. Gorgeous, vibrant display. So much bezel though. Boxed in."

This comment seems to be consistent among all reviews I've seen, that the resolution is a non-issue -- that it is a very good looking display.

You can tell people till you blue in the face and they won’t care no matter how much proof you show them. I’m surprised that even as some say for an “inferior iPhone” the camera in self portrait is slightly better then that of the Xs(Max). I mean the Xr takes portrait photos of anything while the Xs(Max) only take human faces. Hmmmmmmm

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well obviously it is, but i bet if you looked at no's more kids and ladies would buy as better choice of colours over the other models.

I don’t doubt that the numerous choice of colors may be more attractive to ladies and kids. I was unable to see why men wouldn’t want an iPhone XR. That’s all. The iPhone XR is still a gorgeous, quality built, well-spec’d iPhone that can run any app and game like all of the other iPhone models. Know what I mean?

Last edited:

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Well obviously it is, but i bet if you looked at no's more kids and ladies would buy as better choice of colours over the other models.

Well, I was watching Tim Cook’s Address to the EU and noticed that he was rockin’ a blue XR, which cemented my feelings that the XR would be the great phone that it is and I made the appropriate choice for me.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I think that is a pretty sexist and biased statement to make...also ignorant if you ask me.

Nope. Makes perfect sense. Kids and females will buy more XRs than grown men. Call it what you want but it’s true. Just like the 5c. I didn’t know any men with a 5c. It was all teenage girls and women.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Nope. Makes perfect sense. Kids and females will buy more XRs than grown men. Call it what you want but it’s true. Just like the 5c. I didn’t know any men with a 5c. It was all teenage girls and women.

I would have gotten an iPhone 5C if it would have had the same A7 processor as the iPhone 5S, because I could still be using it today with iOS 12.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I've owned both the X and the Max and one too small and one too big and heavy took a look at the XR and it looks like a winner to me still trying to dec ide between the pixel 3 xl and the XR.

Update I picked up a black XR 128 gb tonight very nice device and the size is just right. I am not a screen freak and really can’t tell the difference from the x and the xr.

Last edited:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No chance, ever, I have just bought a XS and it is too big to operate with one hand(and they’re XL hands !) any bigger and I might as well use my iPad !!

spiff_p239

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
After buying and returning the XS, I picked up a black XR yesterday. I've found that I actually prefer the bigger bezels of the XR because it makes it easier to swipe from the top and bottom with the Spigen Neo Hybrid case that I put on all of my phones. While I didn't think I wanted a phone this big, I'm quickly growing accustomed to it after using the 8, XS, and Pixel 3 all within the last month or so. The killer battery life is just icing on the cake.

ReVu30

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
My husband and I upgraded from our beloved 6S Pluses. I was going to get an XR but my hubs convinced me to get an XS Max because he knew that the Max was my first choice. He got the XR. I played around with the XR in the store and it is a great phone. I don’t get the backlash that it is receiving.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere that Apple will be releasing clear cases for the XR. I get it, why release all these colors just to hide them?
Humm, I didn't hear that and normally Apple releases the cases when the phones are released. All iPhones have colors and Apple still released different color cases as well. We shall see.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77