Switching to iPhone X....... Maybe

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you for sure about this. But to play devil's advocate, people I know that don't like downloading lots of apps because either a) they are almost out of storage room or b) they feel like more apps means more clutter which means slowing their phone down.
If it is neither these issues, then you can chalk it up to digital laziness.

Although you bring up a good observation, you didn’t consider people like me. If I don’t find steady use for an app, it does not stay on my device. Period. I don’t think about running out of storage space or having any lag or slow-downs, and I’m definitely not associated with ‘digital laziness’. I find it hard to classify anyone who frequents a tech forum to be digitally lazy. Know what I mean?

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Although you bring up a good observation, you didn’t consider people like me. If I don’t find steady use for an app, it does not stay on my device. Period. I don’t think about running out of storage space or having any lag or slow-downs, and I’m definitely not associated with ‘digital laziness’. I find it hard to classify anyone who frequents a tech forum to be digitally lazy. Know what I mean?

Well, I was speaking in general terms, not to people who frequent tech forums. I know people who literally will not download a new app, even if you ask them to, just because its "a bother". It's like when someone says "I didn't have time to text you back". That makes no sense since people are on their phones all the time, and can't take 5 seconds to send a text? To me, that is just being lazy, and a new kind of lazy really. That was all I meant.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I know people who literally will not download a new app, even if you ask them to, just because its "a bother".
I quite literally can’t stand those types. As if using a smartphone is a burden

It's like when someone says "I didn't have time to text you back". That makes no sense since people are on their phones all the time, and can't take 5 seconds to send a text? To me, that is just being lazy, and a new kind of lazy really. That was all I meant.

I have caught myself a few times that I forgot to text someone back. Depending on the context and content of a text, I may even knowingly not text you back. It’s all relative.

I have this friend that hates texting and always calls, even for the most unimportant stuff. I stopped texting him and answering his phone calls, unless I need him.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
"It's all relative."

So true. There is a reason for everything, and lots of times I may not like the reason, but in the end it doesn't have to conform to me anyhow =P

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
If the leaked price of the Pixel 3 is correct then my decision to leave Android and Google and get an iPhone seems like the right choice and easier to justify spending over $1000 on a phone. $799 for the regular Pixel 3? No thanks, I mean Google does put out the best or one of the best cameras and camera software and does have a nice UI and monthly updates but nothing I've heard so far justifies a $150 increase in price.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
If the leaked price of the Pixel 3 is correct then my decision to leave Android and Google and get an iPhone seems like the right choice and easier to justify spending over $1000 on a phone. $799 for the regular Pixel 3? No thanks, I mean Google does put out the best or one of the best cameras and camera software and does have a nice UI and monthly updates but nothing I've heard so far justifies a $150 increase in price.

I think you will find that with most phone manufacturers these days. Even if there isn't a great technical justification for the price increases, they will charge a premium price if nothing else to give the impression that their phone is a premium product. And because they know people will pay it.

I carry both a Note 9 and a XS Max, and the one thing that drives me crazy about Android is how bogged down it gets. Seems like the longer I own an Android phone, the slower it gets. Im not one to download every app I run across either, I haven't downloaded anything new in at least a month. I pretty much stick to well known apps when I do download something. I think the issue is, and always has been, a disconnect between hardware and software. Samsung and LG and all these manufacturers build a device and make the software work with it, whereas Apple seems to go the opposite direction. I can't speak of the Pixel devices, I think they are really ugly so I have never tried one, but maybe the are better in that regard. But my iPhone will pretty much run the same way it did out of the box for as long as I own it, without me having to think about it hardly at all. And that's been he case with pretty much every iPhone I have owned.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site

I am stunned the baby Pixel 3 is $799...just stunned. At that price point, on Android and wanting a flagship, I would go with the cheaper Galaxy S9 in a heartbeat. Pixel phones are incredibly boring. Pixels have 3 things that stand out: Camera, Updates, and clean software (although with Android one phones and many unlocked phones coming out with pure android experiences, this has lost a lot of its value). And really, the S9's camera is fine for 99% of people anyhow. So now, you are basically paying $150-$200 more for updates? Heck no.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Pixels have 3 things that stand out: Camera, Updates, and clean software ... So now, you are basically paying $150-$200 more for updates?

I'm not buying an Android phone, but, if I was - yes, I'd pay that much more for those three things. (Frankly, I do the same, and maybe more, by buying iPhones.)

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm not buying an Android phone, but, if I was - yes, I'd pay that much more for those three things. (Frankly, I do the same, and maybe more, by buying iPhones.)
That's why I always went Google phones. But compared to iPhone Xs I think the Pixel is more than $200 less phone.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Besides the Move to iOS app is there a way to transfer info from an Android phone to an iPhone? All I owuld want is contacts, text messages, and call log. No apps or downloads or pictures.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77